badenb

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right subforum, if not please move it to the correct sub, thanks!

I'm having some problems at my workplace with some colleagues, one in particular and I would like to read some thoughts/views on the situation, or at least get it off my chest.

I will be as detailed as I can, this has been going on for a long time. The situation involves mostly with the women at my workplace. As with most of the workplaces there are groups of people usually hanging out etc. At the company I work for this is also the case. There is one colleague I have had feelings for, for a brief period. She knew at the time I liked her. Unfortunately I found out she finds me hideously ugly through gossips behind my back, no problem. The situation became a bit awkward, I guess this is to be expected. I left her alone, I don't talk much (I'm not much of a talker in general) and if we do speak it is work related and to the point, I think in a normal manner. This has been going on for about a year and was a workable situation for me. Last year, I think it was around November, hit the fan I guess, there's still something bothering her to a point she, and the coworkers she works with, hangs out with etc, started to record my phone conversations and also filming me with their phones, this happened when I wasn't looking ofcourse. At first I didn't believe they were doing this so I went on doing my job, until I was helping her (colleague I had feelings for) set up a meeting, turned around and there she was, a colleague of her was pointing her phone directly at me, standing halfway up the stairs. She saw me turning around and I saw her quickly stashing her phone. This made me even more suspicious, could they really be recording me ? What for ? As far as I know I just do my job, haven't had any complaints. I still don't know why they did this. It seemed to calm down after a while since I started to ignore her. Havent spoken to her a lot. I haven't seen her a lot, only time I sometimes see her is during lunch in the canteen. The company I work for has break sessions in groups. I'm always in the first group, and try to finish my lunch before she enters with the second group.

Since the last week (Monday) something is starting up again, its like they flipped a switch. At the beginning of the week, during lunch she was in the canteen in the first group. She was in the line to get something to eat and I just tried to say Hi but before I could even say a letter she said "Enjoy your meal" in a very serious tone. She was sitting at a table behind me, talking out loud about how disgusting I look and "it was all my fault". That's understandable seeing the history. The day after (Tuesday) she called and needed some help, I said Ill look into it. A minute later she calls back and says "Its working, thank you honey". I almost fell out of my chair, I just said "Ok, bye". Then on Wednesday I worked with a colleague and it required me to set up an agreement for him, which he signed. I took the agreement over to her (she does the administration for such things) without saying anything as she was on the phone. The expression on her face when she saw me walk in, it was deadly. Went to the restroom, came back out and I ran into her talking to a colleague saying "He was in my office again, I couldn't film it!" while both laughing their asses off. Then today in the canteen she was in the first group again and she sat directly across me 2 tables away, I saw some sort (hard to explain) of satisfied look on her face. I left because of the awkwardness.

I can understand she doesn't like me for obvious reasons, the result I try to stay away as much as possible, what I don't understand is why she is filming/recording me again even after I was ignoring her while it was calming down. I would like to visit my HR department but I don't have any hard evidence of them filming/recording...and I wouldn't be surprised if they are also in on it. I fear losing my job over this.

Thanks for reading.

Take it to HR. But why do you think it's conspiracy? Is recording coworkers allowed on the business premises?. What's their policy on that?...Ask. Shouldn't they be doing their work instead of finding nonsense to video and post on social media?

Just describe what's happening with the videoing, etc. but keep the crushes and personal lives out of it or theories. Why do you feel you 'deserve this'? What did you do?

what I don't understand is why she is filming/recording me again even after I was ignoring her while it was calming down. I would like to visit my HR department but I don't have any hard evidence of them filming/recording...and I wouldn't be surprised if they are also in on it.

Archived