This is Killing me!! Got Rejected Once by Best Friend, Should I Try Again?

madmax

Hello everyone, Please help me out here. I fell in love with my best friend who's also my classmate. We've known each other for a year and still have three years to go. I fell in love with her very very much. Unbelievably but she rejected me flat out. She at that time had a crush on another guy from our college. Time passed by and it got really awkward for us, well you know when u confess and get rejected , it's not like "Hey, what's up buddy, how u doing" the next day. Our friendship died and it hurt me every day to see her.

Anyways this was 6 months ago. Since then lots of things has happened, the guy she liked is dating both of our mutual friend and they're very happy. This girl I like has made out with me couple of times and also a guy at a club but only when she's hammered. Her reason" she's comfortable with me" and "she just goes with the flow when she's drunk". Anyways we're at our internship this very moment meaning we are 6 months away from college. During this time we've met twice and I can say we really miss each other and more importantly she wants to keep the friendship normal and ongoing. I really dont know what she's thinking but the way she looks at me, it feels like she's not telling me something and she wants something more or I just read it wrong. But yeah, she really misses me.

However, My biggest problem now is I can't stop being friends with her as she's my best friend and I miss her, also we have the same circle of friends and i dont wanna make everyone awkward. Also I know i i keep being friends with her, I will never move on. Lastly, I have this hope that if i try one more time and do it best, I might win her over but I'm so scared I'm not good enough for her and she'll reject me. Oh lord! If she does it again, this will deeply hurt my self-esteem and our friendship is done!

Guys here in enotalone, Please help me, These three questionable problems are taking so much of my mind and time, everyday 7 months I've been unhappy.

Unfortunately it sounds like your fear and anxiety and refusal to date her will keep you in the friendzone adoring her while she dates other guys and you are stuck in no-mans land neither dating her nor anyone else.

I really dont know how to initiate at the first place. Maybe I'm scared of getting rejected, or she'll just laugh it off when i reply "yes it's a date" after she asks

Don't ask her out. Just take her out and show her a good time alone. Do this for awhile. You know what she likes. Show her your desirable. If she likes you. She will be coming on to you and that point you can decide if you want to date her or not.

It's not love you have it's infatuation. You really don't know her. Once you really know her. You can claim you love her.

Good luck.

Just ask her out already, women are not mind readers. And if she says no then there you have it, you're just backup man for when she's drunk and horny and otherwise it's not going to go anywhere.

If you're going to be so afraid to be yourself and ask then you really have zero business even hanging around this person. Good relationships of any sort are not based around fear and this relationship, such as it is, appears to be all fear based.

That's not a way to live. And if she rejects you again then you have your answer, you need to move on, and find someone who reciprocates since there is yes more than one woman on this planet.

I don't mean to be harsh here, but it's been years. Either ask again and accept her answer either way, and move forward. Staying in a holding pattern is horrible, just really unhealthy.

Archived