Colleague advice

animal13

So long story short, I'm really into my colleague. We started texting a few days ago but I just dont know if she feels me or not.

We are in our 20's and she is 4 years older than me. She always laughs at me for being too young.

We were at a work party yesterday and after a few drinks I couldnt keep my hands off her. We were drunk and we were flirting and we did eventually make out. She was really curious about my past and asked me a lot of questions. You could just feel the chemistry.

Today she seems like she backed out a bit, I dont know if she got scared or something. I do feel like she has got some sort of trust issue, so maybe she is scared to commit incase she gets hurt.

Also when we kissed yesterday she did say I will regret it. I dont know if she just said it for laughs because she was drunk, or if it was a sign that she does not really want to go any further with this. We did kiss a few more times after that so I am kind of confussed

I was thinking if I should just ask her what are we doing with this and if she feels like continuing our "relationship" because eventually one of us will catch feelings.

Any advice guys?

Thanks!

She may have a little remorse/embarrassment about a drunken office party kiss. Don't have a 'relationship talk' after one makeout session.

Let things cool down and then see how she continues to act.

We were at a work party yesterday and after a few drinks I couldnt keep my hands off her. We were drunk and we were flirting and we did eventually make out.Today she seems like she backed out a bit.

I was thinking she might be a bit embarressed too. With the 'relationship talk' I was referring to more of a 'we've been texting for a while, do you think its worth continuing' kind of talk rather than 'I like you do you think we should take it further'.

I know it might seem like these are the same things but if worded properly I wont seem too pushy and keen.

It is kind of weird but she does seem interested and not interested at the same time (more interested than not interested though) so I just want to get it clear rather than sitting and wondering

Why don't you ask her to do something that doesn't involve alcohol. Maybe lunch or a movie. That way you can show her that you're interested in more than just drunken make out sessions, and you'll also avoid heavy "relationship" talks. If she turns you down, you still have your answer.

I was thinking if I should just ask her what are we doing with this and if she feels like continuing our "relationship" because eventually one of us will catch feelings.

What relationship?

In any event, she likely realized (hopefully), that the potential consequences of dating in the workplace are not worth it.

Why don't you ask her to do something that doesn't involve alcohol. Maybe lunch or a movie. That way you can show her that you're interested in more than just drunken make out sessions, and you'll also avoid heavy "relationship" talks. If she turns you down, you still have your answer.

Agreed with this -- maybe ask her to do something like dinner or drinks. Just the two of you. You'll have your answer if she is receptive to the idea or not. If you think the risks of a relationship with a coworker are worth it.

I don't know about her, but it could be that now there could be worry about work-related gossip or she doesn't want to get involved with someone at work, for that same reason. I certainly know that goes through my head if I like someone at work. That might be what she meant by the "you'll regret this".

Thanks for the reply guys.

I know she might be scared of the work-gossip that might come around with our flirting etc. but we dont work with each other directly. We work for different teams, but just in the same office. We sit like 15 meters apart from each other so we dont even really have a chance to talk to each during the day apart from brakes. We do text each other everyday throughtout the day though.

She seems to be more responsive to my texts today so I'll see how we get on in the next couple of days. I'll try to ask her out for lunch too and see how she responds.

Once again thanks for the advice

Archived