Does she like me? Why is she giving mixed signals?

JohnVincent

Ok so theres this girl i have known for about 3weeks now, weve been talking everyday since, hanged out a couple times. I like the girl a lot but cant figure out if she does back. Valentines Day is in 2days and for about a week i have been hesitating to ask her out since i couldnt tell if she like me too well. But last night she started flirting with me. She sent me a snapchat of her bed saying its so big . So to me that was a clear hint, so i went on flirted back, and she liked it. Today i woke up to a good morning text, and we texted all day. One of those texts were her saying omg i have 2novels to read this weekend , i texted back saying That sucks, did you have any plans at all this weekend . She says No its gonna be such a boring weekend . Ounce she says that, I was sure after the flirting that went on and then this that she clearly wanted me to ask her out, so I did by saying Wouldn t be as boring if we hangout tomorrow . She took a little longer to respond but said Yes . Then after asking her what she would like to do, she told me I have so much homework this weekend, would be better to hangout another time. What I dont get is why would she hint like this, and shes pretty extroverted, So its hard for me to believe she would rather do homework on valentines night. Im very confused on what I should do, should realisticly ask her why she doesnt wanna hangout, i already told her its whatever we can hangout another time but its bothering me.

Well if her homework and schooling is very important to her, then i could very well see that being important enough if she has a lot to do.

Less than a month, you are still very new to her. If shes interested she'll let you know. Id wait it out then maybe ask her out another time if she doesnt beat you to it. Slow and steady wins the race.

Did you specify "I want to take you out Sunday night"? Or you just vaguely suggested you hang out? Make it clear you are asking her out for Valentine's Day. You're actually sending the mixed signals. Be specific when you ask someone out. "I want to take you to X place on X day at X time". That's asking someone out. Not "we should hangout".

Yup, Just like Iggy said. When a woman gives you an opening you have to execute assertively. A vague offer to hang out, and then ask her what she wants to do is too passive. At least have some ideas. You have been talking with her, you should know what she likes. If she doesn't like what you offer for a date she'll gently lead you to the right idea.

Archived