Best Friends and BF's

abby03

Okay, I need some advice. My friend started dating this guy last year, and then I realized I had feelings for him. He texted her and said that he was breaking up with her and asked for my phone number (because he apparently liked me too). He tried texting me but I didn't answer because him and my friend had just broken up. This week, people started asking him if he still liked me, and I'm super nervous now cause I think he's gonna ask me out. I don't know what to do. My best friend has dated him before, so isn't it not okay for me to date him?? And I just found out that she still has feelings for him. WHAT DO I DO??

~Girl DESPERATELY In Need Of Advice

Wait....did I read that right....He broke up with your best friend and asked her for your number? Or he asked for your number while telling you he was going to break up with your friend?

Either way, anyone who moves seamlessly from relationship to relationship isn't someone you can build something lasting with. So really the question is whether a flight with this guy that ultimately ends in heartbreak is worth the loss of your friendship.

Wait....did I read that right....He broke up with your best friend and asked her for your number? Or he asked for your number while telling you he was going to break up with your friend?

Either way, anyone who moves seamlessly from relationship to relationship isn't someone you can build something lasting with. So really the question is whether a flight with this guy that ultimately ends in heartbreak is worth the loss of your friendship.

Yes, he broke up with her and asked her for my number right after.

Okay, I need some advice. My friend started dating this guy last year, and then I realized I had feelings for him. He texted her and said that he was breaking up with her and asked for my phone number (because he apparently liked me too). He tried texting me but I didn't answer because him and my friend had just broken up. This week, people started asking him if he still liked me, and I'm super nervous now cause I think he's gonna ask me out. I don't know what to do. My best friend has dated him before, so isn't it not okay for me to date him?? And I just found out that she still has feelings for him. WHAT DO I DO??

~Girl DESPERATELY In Need Of Advice

Which do you value: your friendship or a new relationship that was previously tied to your friend?

Be cordial but stay out of drama. Find someone who won't bring you trouble in because any rifts in your friendships.

Obviously my friendship, but I'm still gonna have feelings for him. Do you think that will cause problems too? If she finds out that I like him, even if I'm not dating him?

Archived