Pregnant and he's still speaking to his ex wife

Hi, I've been seeing my boyfriend for around 8 months now, and I'm also 14 weeks pregnant (not planned but we are both delighted). Anyway, my boyfriend still talks to his ex wife a lot. When they broke up she moved back to India, and even then they would text each other every now and then over the Internet. He's recently found out that his nan has passed away so he has flown back to India for her funeral (I couldn't go due to work) and since he has decided that he is going back he has been talking to her a lot more. I'm just worried that while I'm sitting at home emotional, pregnant and missing him like crazy that he is meeting up with her in India. The thing is she still wants to be with him and she has even told him that she wants to come back because she is too stressed without him and wants to stay with him, and he has told me that he doesn't want to be with her but he does miss her. He is always honest, he tells me how he feels, but I'm finding it extremely hard, and the fact that I'm pregnant with his child makes things a whole lot harder. What should I do?

Are you sure they broke up? I hope that's not the case, but it kind of sounds like she moved back to India for other reasons temporarily and he's having an affair with you in her absence.

Either way, there's nothing you can do, you can't force him not to talk to her, if he doesn't see the problem with it. If he's a good man, he will eventually realize how his constant contact with her is making you feel, and cut it off (or at least cut back on it). All you can do is tell him in a non-confrontational way how it makes you feel, the rest is up to him.

So you became pregnant four months into the relationship, correct?

I think that you have to accept the consequences of moving fast. You didn't really know him that well and still don't. So you have no choice but to trust him, without a whole lot of history to base it on.

I think he's being unfair to his ex-wife by keeping contact, if he knows she still wants to be with him. Has he thought about how that might affect her?

Archived