self-awareness + emotional intelligence =

minlrl

The answer to most of our problems if not all of them.

First to define self awareness: understanding yourself in the context of your surrounding, other people, situational, historical, blah blah but it's most important in my opinion to be able to gain humility, not scorn nor haughtness from seeing yourself in relation to others. Halo effect.

Emotional intelligence, being able to successfully read your own emotions and control them to the most benifactury manner and explain them to others in a way that convoys the correct emotional context. And in turn bring able to correctly see other people's emotions and understand it in the context of their lifes.

For many including myself in moments we feel at lost with who we are and have anger or even utter hatred for the world, or when things fall apart because you have been too dependent on someone or something that shaped your perception of the world, self awareness and emotional intelligence will bring you to the light and if we continually strive to retain and train our mind to see through the fog that always is trying to distract us from the truth.. we will reach a place where we can be what we were ment to be: content of being who you are.

True happiness.

Bliss.

Respect for your common man.

Healthy relationships.

Mental wellbeing.

Ect..

I hope everyone on this website is practicing self-awareness and emotional intelligence as much as possible! It would help reduce alot of the suffering I see on this website everyday. Much of it could be avoided..

A smart person fixes problems a wise person stops them from happening in the first place.

Peace, love, and happiness accross the world for all, forever!

Doesn't matter how clever you are we all go through challenges in life and learn from it. There is always something an individual has to learn in order to grow as a person. I often see the most intelligent people with little coming sense.....which are two different things

Intelligence =/= wisdom

We have more control over situations than we may initially think. The biggest issue is probably reacting instantly to situations. We act and then we think. Those choices are made based on emotion and those are the worst of all.

I consider myself to be pretty self-aware and emotionally intelligent (at least with regard to my internal state, though the way you describe emotional intelligence it's really not much different than self-awareness).

My self-awareness did absolutely nothing to stop my ex from leaving me for another guy. In fact, if anything it made things worse because I probably had an expectation that she had some level o self-awareness beyond "something's missing" and "i just have to".

I consider myself to be pretty self-aware and emotionally intelligent (at least with regard to my internal state, though the way you describe emotional intelligence it's really not much different than self-awareness).

My self-awareness did absolutely nothing to stop my ex from leaving me for another guy. In fact, if anything it made things worse because I probably had an expectation that she had some level o self-awareness beyond "something's missing" and "i just have to".

That sucks my friend

And yes self awareness and emotional intelligence almost go hand-to-hand so they would be able to be pretty interchangeable. Although I feel like self awareness increases your emotional intelligence while emotional intelligence does not nessasarly mean you are self aware. It just means you have great interpersonal communication skills and/or born with more self control than the next person.

And I'm sorry to say this but when you say "expectation" it shows low emotional intelligence. We should never expect things I think people are confused when I said "smart person fixes problems a wise person stops them from happening in the first place" I didn't mean to offend by saying you arnt wise for not being able to control the situation ahead of time because that is not what I ment at all.

What im trying to say is that instead of trying to control and lay expectations on others who we have no control over and we shouldn't even bother, being truly at peace within yourself is the only path to true emotional control and happiness is being happy with yourself. Once you have that things such as your ex leaving you would not bother you at all because you didn't have the expectation for her to stay, the only person you need is yourself, you were born alone you die alone. When you hear you ex tell you that "she just has to" and "something's missing" you respect the words as truth from another independent cosmic being and part under good terms but leave the door open. If she comes back or not it doesn't matter you will be alive. And you are you and that's all that matters.

That's how you stop problems from happening. It's by not having a problem from the beginning. Things out of our control will stay out of our control.

Someone with true self awareness and emotional intelligence will know that they can not put expectations on anything or anyone because THEY WILL LET YOU DOWN! Instead the only thing in your zone of control is yourself.

Hope that helps good luck!

• 2 months later...

Hello,i couldnt help but notice your highlights over this EXPECTATIONS concept. Why do you think is so bad to have expectations ? I believe we all have in some dose,in our subconscious,is inevitable. I feel that you use this killing of expectations in order to not get hurt by the disappointments of others. But you are also a human being who generates expectations in other people eyes,therefor you need to exceed your own expectations not just for you but for the others as well,to feel integrated in this society.

"Once you have that things such as your ex leaving you would not bother you at all"

If someone in a long term relationship got divorced/broke up and claimed it did not bother him/her at all I would believe that that person lacked emotional intelligence and self-awareness. While I think you have good intentions in posting as you did I question the wisdom of encouraging truisms and cyclical thinking. You also would have people not mourn the death of a loved one I suppose since that "emotionally intelligent" person wouldn't have expected that person to be alive each day since anyone can die at any time, and that person would still be alive and would still be a person which according to you is all that matters, right?

In your world we would prevent the problem by never getting attached emotionally to another person because of the knowledge that everyone will leave us in some way, right? How sad.

Archived