Is my friend bad luck or is this just coincidence?

Marelle

I've had this guy as my friend for 5 years now and sometimes we go months without talking but always pick up right where we left off. Anyways recently I started feeling like he brings bad luck to me and my relationships. I connected all my break ups to him being there in the end as a friend for all of it and as much as I appreciate that he's supportive, it's just really weird..

First boyfriend ever, told my friend about it and he joked around saying "it's not going to last more than 2 months" and two months later, we broke up.

Second boyfriend, told my friend I didn't want to tell him my boyfriend's name because I was scared he was going to say something to jinx it again. We didn't talk for a few months because I was spending most of my time with my boyfriend. Almost a year later, we started talking and hanging out again and then problems with my boyfriend began (totally unrelated to me being friends with this guy) and we broke up a few months after.

And a year after that to today, I've been seeing this guy for a couple months now and everything was going great. Haven't talked to my friend for a whole year until recently he started talking to me again through Facebook to catch up, told him I'm in a new relationship and that I was happy. And then not even kidding you, a day later, the guy I've been seeing says he's been having doubts about where this is going.

Now I'm not blaming him for causing any of my break ups, they all ended for other reasons that don't involve him whatsoever. I just find it so strange that whenever I start talking to him again, everything in my love life takes a turn for the worst. I recently stopped talking to him out of no where and he's been asking why I'm ignoring him. I don't know what to say or how to even explain this to him. Am I just really superstitious or do you also believe that some people can just bring bad luck into your life? Also what should I say to my friend? Because I don't exactly want to be friends anymore (for other reasons as well as this one)

you actually don't have to tell your friend anything about not wanting him as a friend any more. I'm sure he realises you won't be in touch since you're in a reationship. He's used to the drill: you get a boyfriend, ditch your friend, things with bf start smelling weird, recycle the friend, blame the break-up on his etheric jinx juices.

simple, stop talking to him. i wouldn't tell him we can't be friends because of his bad mojo.

Only person to blame here is yourself. For engaging with male friendships. I'm sorry but that is extremely naive and ignorant of you.

99% of men will never be your friend unless they are attracted to you. And that is NOT a friendship. Mostly deception and hiding of their feelings.

AS per above, no need to announce anything. Just stay away from him and don't get involved into "male friendships". Most decent/smart men will never date/go out with a woman that hangs around guys/ex's etc. Because they know how men are.

You're very superstitious, and this may be causing you to unintentionally sabotage your relationships as a form of self-fulfilling prophecy. Were you not superstitious, the first incident would have been viewed as a coincidence, but you ALREADY decided that it was a jinx.

The fact of the matter is, most relationships don't work out. Your friend has nothing to do with this. Your superstition might play a part though.

Archived