"It's Complicated"

drmcsugar

This guy and I had been acquainted for a while now. We met at the gym and he's offered to teach me boxing, but I never really thought he was interested in me because he always kept his distance, though he seemed to like talking to me a lot. Then one night, a group of us and a few other gym members exchanged numbers so we could all hang out together later. We began to text back and forth and he admitted to checking me out at the gym many times. We became facebook friends and I noticed there was a girl in his friend list whose profile picture was him AND her kissing. I joked and asked what would his girlfriend think if she found out he kept flirting with me like this; he assured me that they broke up a while ago. Later on when we got to know each other more, her profile picture still wasn't changed, I asked him again and he admitted that they only broke up 3 weeks ago but it was she who has trouble letting go. My instinct told me something wasn't right, so I kept pushing which led to him finally blurted "it's complicated."

I can't help but feeling a little disgusted. What can "it's complicated" consist of? It seems to me that this poor girl is blindsided the whole time. It doesn't help that I really genuinely liked him. It irked me to the point I was at the gym yesterday, trying my best to keep distant and be civil in front of him, yet, I can't help but being really attracted to him. I had told him before that I won't jump in the middle of a relationship, yet, he still texts me everytime he runs into me that "it was always good seeing you after my awful weekend," or "I'm sorry if it came off as I ran back to my ex girlfriend, I've been really busy, and want to see you again, etc..."

Why is it so "complicated?"

It's not even worth it. I am turned off by his cheating personality, yet, am still strangely attracted to him. I dug and dug, and kept digging, and finally I got the "it's complicated" from the "we already broke up." I think that says a lot already.

I know this sounds like the simple answer, but ....ask him.

Yeah, ask him, because otherwise you will get hurt. Don't be satisfied with an obscure answer. Anyway, what he's doing is not cool. If no clear answer about breaking up is given, avoid him. It's gonna be hard but distance will make you feel better and it might help him realize the mistake he is making by letting you go and lying to that other girl.

It's not even worth it. I am turned off by his cheating personality, yet, am still strangely attracted to him. I dug and dug, and kept digging, and finally I got the "it's complicated" from the "we already broke up." I think that says a lot already.

You look very young and this is a VERY smart observation ......you are wise beyond your years!!!

Archived