Ask For Advice

Thread: My ex "accidentally" texted me. Was it really an accident?

xoxo89

Question My ex "accidentally" texted me. Was it really an accident?

My ex texted me recently but it was like a response to someone else's text. We havnt talked in months so i dont know how that was on accident. My text thread could not be near any recent texts he has gotten.

We didnt really end well so I was surprised hed still have my number!

Do guys do this? Do you think he did it to get attention or was it really an accident?

DanDee
    Gold Member
    Maybe on the contacts list your name starts with the same letter as the person he was meant to contact, and he clicked on you by accident?

You could text back "wrong number" and see what happens? If he strikes up a conversation then maybe it was deliberate? Depends if you really want to go back there though...

termus123
    Gold Member
    If he intentionally did it then it seems like it worked since it got your fully attention + asking on forums about it rather than dismissing it and think nothing of it.

stuka80
    just ignore it if it wasn't meant for you. even if it was you'd best still ignore it.

Slimpee
    Gold Member
    Ive "accidentally" texted an ex before...not my finest moment.

Probably not an accident

EssexMan
    Platinum Member
    I've done it genuinely by accident (though not long after a BU - fingers just so used to clicking to her name they did it on auto-pilot).

Either way, I'd ignore it.

lavenderdove
    Your ex can contact you anytime they want, so doesn't need a ruse to do it... i suspect it was just an accident selecting the adjacent name on a contact list...

If you want to be polite, you can text back saying, i just got this text, did you mean it for someone else? and see what they say.

marona
    Silver Member
    You can't possibly know if it was an accident or not. You have reasons to believe it wasn't, but also.. It could b 50/50 we don't know your ex, you are the best judge of that... But I know some people do this "accidentally" to get into a convo with the ex... I can somehow feel when it's an accident and when it's not. Like I had an ex call me up, saying my name, and when we should meet and I was like "Uh, what?" and then he was like "I'm so sorry, wrong number" and I could definetely feel that was genuine and awkward for him as well, so he didn't call me up on purpose. I don't know, I can just sense stuff like that :P

Top Threads
What the hell happened ??
I meet this guy thru a mutual friend, i know him for over a year and hung out various times at his house always in a party type settings. We never
Giving a girl chocolate
This guy I've been talking to walked up to me and said "do you want this I've been trying to watch my weight?" It was chocolate that was pink and
When a feamle professor says, "I ame here if you need me."
Hi, My female professor emailed to say, "I'm here if you need me." I was wondering what she really meant. She is my dissertation Chair and mentor
Should I be worried about this? He hasn't texted.
I have a close male friend who I've recently admitted to having feelings for. He responded by telling me that he has feelings for me too, maybe "not
I love my girlfriend. She likes me.
I am a 17 year old male and I have been dating my current girlfriend for roughly eight months. It is the first real relationship either of us have
Not Exactly Sure How To Read This Situation (Friend Zoned?)
Hey guys. I'm gonna attempt to make this short and sweet and fill in details later. About two months ago I joined a group of people with common
Why he stares at me so intense from afar?
There is a boy in my school (I have a crush on him) at first I was the one who looked at him because I like this guy, he saw me looking at him only

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Where do you draw the line? GF's and guy friends
[SIZE=3][FONT=Helvetica]Hey guys, need some quick help on this one. Please help [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica] [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica]Yesterday my GF says
OMG he has a wedding date.
All, A couple of years ago, I dated a guy. There were things that were amazing but also horrible. A little over a year ago, we reconnected. He
HELPPP!!! Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue
hi. REALLY REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE AND HELP. my boyfriend recently broke up with me out of the blue and we were dating for 2.5 years. everything was
Why does this bother me so much?
Hey guys. So gf of 7 years has left me for another guy again long story short and some of you know the long. So I did the unhealthy habit of looking
My girlfriend of 3 years just told me she is polyamorous
I have no idea how to feel about it. She assured me she didn't want to force it on me and could live monogamously with me but the thought of
Dealing with inconsiderate, selfish people from dawn till dusk.
Not sure if this is posted in the right place, but here it is. Lately my life seems to be about dealing with people who are inconsiderate. From
Toxic relationship // venting
Sometimes writing everything out helps me get a better understanding of certain situations. I'm sorry for the long post, I do want some advice, but
Ask For Advice