Ask For Advice

Thread: My ex "accidentally" texted me. Was it really an accident?

xoxo89

Question My ex "accidentally" texted me. Was it really an accident?

My ex texted me recently but it was like a response to someone else's text. We havnt talked in months so i dont know how that was on accident. My text thread could not be near any recent texts he has gotten.

We didnt really end well so I was surprised hed still have my number!

Do guys do this? Do you think he did it to get attention or was it really an accident?

DanDee
    Gold Member
    Maybe on the contacts list your name starts with the same letter as the person he was meant to contact, and he clicked on you by accident?

You could text back "wrong number" and see what happens? If he strikes up a conversation then maybe it was deliberate? Depends if you really want to go back there though...

termus123
    Gold Member
    If he intentionally did it then it seems like it worked since it got your fully attention + asking on forums about it rather than dismissing it and think nothing of it.

stuka80
    just ignore it if it wasn't meant for you. even if it was you'd best still ignore it.

Slimpee
    Gold Member
    Ive "accidentally" texted an ex before...not my finest moment.

Probably not an accident

EssexMan
    Platinum Member
    I've done it genuinely by accident (though not long after a BU - fingers just so used to clicking to her name they did it on auto-pilot).

Either way, I'd ignore it.

lavenderdove
    Your ex can contact you anytime they want, so doesn't need a ruse to do it... i suspect it was just an accident selecting the adjacent name on a contact list...

If you want to be polite, you can text back saying, i just got this text, did you mean it for someone else? and see what they say.

marona
    Silver Member
    You can't possibly know if it was an accident or not. You have reasons to believe it wasn't, but also.. It could b 50/50 we don't know your ex, you are the best judge of that... But I know some people do this "accidentally" to get into a convo with the ex... I can somehow feel when it's an accident and when it's not. Like I had an ex call me up, saying my name, and when we should meet and I was like "Uh, what?" and then he was like "I'm so sorry, wrong number" and I could definetely feel that was genuine and awkward for him as well, so he didn't call me up on purpose. I don't know, I can just sense stuff like that :P

Top Threads
Is she interested?
So i met my good friends step sister about a week ago and we have hung out about 4 times. I was sleeping over my friends house and she was watching
I like a guy at work but i'm not allowed to date him
alrighty so i started a new job a few weeks ago and i think that one of our security guards is super super cute. but since i'm a cashier, according
Can I Convince Him Long Distance Is Okay?
So there's a guy I met. He asked me on a date. We've been on three so far. Between the first and the second he told me that he's moving after
Significance of holding hands with interlocked fingers
Holding hands with fingers interlocked or intertwined - is it a strong indicator of romantic intentions?
What does it mean if my friend asks me to go over to his apartment?
One of my guy friends who I have known for a couple of years recently asked me to go over to his apartment after a night out when we were quite
Am I overreacting?
I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months and it has been wonderful, however I have recently started to get feelings of jealousy after his frequent
She flirts with me,but she loves a guy who doesnt care. What should I do?
She recently found out about my feelings for her (because she told me she liked this other guy, and I started ignoring her after that), and started

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Completely Confused? What does this mean?
Hi All- I was dating a guy for almost a year. We had a pretty great relationship- Things got serious. We told each other we loved each other. Even
Boyfriend told me he couldn't afford holiday, next day books one to Thailand
Basically my boyfriend of 6 months is $40k in debt (I'm debt-free). We had talked about going to Vietnam and he said he needed 6 months to save up
Not a regular here, I have a few questions...
I'll try to make this brief. Been in a relationship (23F) with a man (35) for 5 years. Typical in the beginning, though I always wondered how he
Weed or Me
Hi, I have been dating my boyfriend for a few months - he is 31 and I am 24. He has recently started smoking weed every night and I don't really
Is He Hiding from Me?
Hi All, Need some advice from those that are familiar with social media apps such as Instagram.. I'v been friends with this guy for about a
Red flag in friendship
I've been through a terrible first break up and was in a lot of pain. I was physically and mentally sick due to the stress of the break up but I'm
I broke hard NC after 7 months (B I G M I S T A K E)
No surprise, I'm absolutely devastated. She pretty much blew me off like I was a piece of trash. At first I was happy because she actually responded
Ask For Advice