Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean when a woman touches your thigh?

latitudezero

What does it mean when a woman touches your thigh?

Hi all,

So I was at a happy hour last night with a few of my coworkers and my roommate, and at one point the girl who was sitting next to me wanted to tell a story that involved the two of us, so she leaned over and lightly put her hand on my thigh for a few moments while she started to tell the story. I didn't put much thought into it at the time; I used to have feelings for this girl a long time ago, but those feelings came and went, and now I really consider her a close friend, and its not the first time shes done it either.

After happy hour, I went out with her to a concert, and my roommate texted me saying "is she still dating someone? Girls don't touch your leg for no reason "

Maybe I'm just naive and oblivious to these things, but is there anything to read into that?

The rest of the evening was fairly uneventful; we went to the concert and then had dinner and then parted ways, but I'm just curious to hear people's thoughts on her body language.

Thanks!

oldenoughtoknow
    Platinum Member oldenoughtoknow's Avatar
    Is she normally a touchy or flirtatious person? Even so, she may feel really comfortable with you and would have touched your arm. touching your leg usually means she is also attracted to you. The happy hour allowed her to let it show a bit.

DylanNotorious
    Platinum Member
    Sounds like she's keen. People don't often touch people on the thigh to tell a story. She obviously wanted your full attention and to feel her hand on your thigh.

BellaDonna
    Definitely a sexual cue.

Day_Walker
    I think that one single act of touching your leg without something more doesnt given a good indicator. She could be a touchy person or she could have just touched your leg because she was referencing you in the story.

capilot
    Platinum Member
    Sadly, I think Day_Walker is right. I've had women touch my thigh and mean absolutely nothing.

robintoronto
    Well look at it this way. There are two possible outcomes. It could mean something or not. And the only way to answer it is to ask her not the forum really.

Generation
    Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.

guynextdoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation [Register to see the link]
    Girls will do things like this and not see the sexual innuendo behind it or any implication to flirting behind it. It's just a part of who they are.

Like this one girl... I had a banana and I asked her "want some?" and she says sure and dives in and takes a bite of the banana from near my groin area. I just so happened to be resting it there cause my arms were comfortable resting near there. She didn't realize what that looked like to me, I gave her one of those stares, and then we laughed about it.
    That alone would give me a tingling sensation in my pants. But yeah sometime women hold my arms or give me a massage and it doesn't mean a thing to them.

Alezia
    The only reason I would do it if it didn't mean anything sexual, is in a context where I know the guy basically has a gf (so platonic relationship) or is gay. Then again, I still feel awkward at having gays grab my ass and boobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Hookup problems! help!
Hello, need advice on what to do next! Me and my boyfriend of two years recently broke up. Before him i used to hook up with this one guy I used
I added her FB first and she still hasn't accepted my friend request
I've worked with this girl for over a year, but since both of us like to keep to ourselves, we never sparked up a conversation until a couple months
Why do guys brag about the number of girls they've slept with?
Why would a guy tell a new girl about all the girls he's slept with in all different countries (military job, so travels a lot). I figure it's
Got a Question
So I'm new to the country I just immigrated too and on friday I was going to look at this pub a friend told me about. So on the way I kind of got
Is my male friend into me?
Hi all, need some input. Have been in a lesbian relationship for 6+ years and am very happy. Am currently living away from home and my partner has
Opposites
So there's a guy i recently met and we're total opposites. Like vegetarian, drinking choices, life views, religious views etc. We didn't connect
Flirting with me then avoiding eye contact and ignoring me, what's going on??
So guys I need your help please! Sorry for the long post but wanted to get in all the confusing details.. I went to my girlfriends birthday party

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice