Psycho guy approached me at gym??

Jaydedgirl

SO yesterday i was at gym and it was rather busy ..I saw my crush who i really like,well he looked lost and there werent much weight machines available so he left early and avoided looking at me except for when he was upstairs. That was weird and i was a bit sad that he left early.

Anyways I carried on working out, I went on the bicycle machine ,it was a bit far away from the crowded areas so it was cool and I was alone but there were other bicycle machines next to me and i didnt think anybody would get on it. I was happy to be working out alone there then a guy comes site on the bike next to me and he looks at me. I ignored him then he mutters something like he did 5ks running and im like oh, then he looks at me again and tried to start a conversation like so how long you training for and that he can beat me in cycling. This guy is skinny,speaks rather loud and he looks like he came out of a mental institution... i dont mean to sound bad but honestly thats what he looks like. I was annoyed and was hoping he would get off the bicycle but he didnt...he kept blabbering about how fast he can go on the bike,then he started cycling so fast the machine was wobbling,it was embarrassing and I hate someone that keeps talking while im trying to work out.

The he asks me so do you have a boyfriend and i had to lie and say yes i do then he asks me oh ok but thats not a big thing and im like yes it is im getting engaged to him. His face went red like he got smacked.Then he said he went out with girls who were from the mental institution..my guess is that he mustve been there too. SOme people were looking at us and I really wanted to get out of there and FAST. Really annoying guy and its not like i came looking for him in the gym. He mustve thought im his type lmao when im sooo not and he is definitely not my type at all. I dont know why i attract guys like that, who think they are hot and stand a chance with me. Theres only one guy at the gym i like and thats my crush and i wish he would come up and talk to me instead of weirdos. So i decided to get off the bike and go home coz i was annoyed,sad that my crush went home and the gym was busy.

How do i seem less approachable to weirdos?? And its not like i dress skimpy to gym, i wear a track panse and tee shirt. So i dont see why weirdos come and annoy me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all im gonna say is be polite and graceful and leave. like you having a crush on the other guy, he may have had one on you.

it could have taken alot for him to ask you out. i think its quite disrepectful when women call guys weirdo's, they may be weird, just try stay away from him in future and remember you should be flattered when ANYBODY asks you out no matter who they are or what they look.

Just be polite and say you have a fella and maybe leave if you do feel uncomfortable but just remember......ONE DAY NOBODY AT ALL MAY ASK YOU OUT and i'm sure when you know how that feels you'd give anything for even a weirdo to show some interest.

Jonesy

girl relax..u just got approached once by weirdos doesnt mean you have a problem and that u attract weirdos,nor will you be constantly annoyed by them from now on.. we all met psychos ,because they are psychos,they are fearless,not because we attract the wrong guy. it happens occasionally to almost every girl.you dont need to worry and start changing or anything.

ive been sexually harassed twice,doesnt that mean i look like a * * * * * ? no.

girl relax..u just got approached once by weirdos doesnt mean you have a problem and that u attract weirdos,nor will you be constantly annoyed by them from now on.. we all met psychos ,because they are psychos,they are fearless,not because we attract the wrong guy. it happens occasionally to almost every girl.you dont need to worry and start changing or anything.

ive been sexually harassed twice,doesnt that mean i look like a * * * * * ? no.

I know what you mean but the guy i have a crush on wont speak to me yet somebody I do not like will come blabber to me. Sorry youve been sexually harassed cursedgirl.....

Next time i will avoid that creep and if he does come talk to me im going to tell him to leave me alone...

I know what you mean but the guy i have a crush on wont speak to me yet somebody I do not like will come blabber to me. Sorry youve been sexually harassed cursedgirl.....

Next time i will avoid that creep and if he does come talk to me im going to tell him to leave me alone...

haha i know how you feel but you really dont have to worry about your crush.i dont think he's ignoring you.it's probs just bad timing. imagine you didnt have any machine,what would you do? rather than standing there like an idiot, going home is more natural isnt it? he was probs thinking "damn,now i must look stupid for doing nothing in the middle of the room while everyone is working out.i might just go home."

haha i know how you feel but you really dont have to worry about your crush.i dont think he's ignoring you.it's probs just bad timing. imagine you didnt have any machine,what would you do? rather than standing there like an idiot, going home is more natural isnt it? he was probs thinking "damn,now i must look stupid for doing nothing in the middle of the room while everyone is working out.i might just go home."

Haha.. youre so right and to be honest i saw him looking rather lost just standing there waiting for a machine,but while he was standing there he took a peek at me,i think maybe he felt embarrassed. I guess next time it will be better..

Can't blame a guy for trying... gyms are notorious for people to try to pick other's up there (you are doing the same thing eyeing your crush), so don't take it so seriously or personally.

Next time someone tries this just smile and get up and move to a different area of the gym.

And i wouldn't waste too much time on the crush if you don't do something about it... you have no way of knowing if he's interested unless you ask him... and if he doesn't respond well, then just move on to look for men in places other than gyms.

Sorry about the guy you don't watch approaching you.

By now you must know a bit about your crush. What he wears, his workout routine. The car he drives. You must have some clue on something you could do or wear in front of him that would make him more receptive to approaching you. What is it? Think about it. This is idea number 3 by the way.

Sorry about the guy you don't watch approaching you.

By now you must know a bit about your crush. What he wears, his workout routine. The car he drives. You must have some clue on something you could do or wear in front of him that would make him more receptive to approaching you. What is it? Think about it. This is idea number 3 by the way.

Hi, thanks for the idea,i think ill be needing more of your help from now on lol,im serious! Well i know what he wears to gym and i saw his car,its a black vw polo. His workout routine consists of weights and well looking at me lol. I TRY TO LOOK ATTRACTIVE FOR HIM ONLY but i end up attracting the weird guys or perverts.... so i noticed my crush is at gym when i look sloppy lol and when im "dressed" for him hes not there...

Tone it down a bit and just say "I don't talk to retards".

Just kidding

Say

"I'm sorry but I don't like to have conversations when I work out, it's my alone time, thank you".

If he persists, then you raise your voice to the level of "loud, but controlled and firm" and say "I asked you to leave me alone and now I am TELLING you to leave me ALONE!". Say it loud enough so others around you will hear. If that doesn't shut him up then nothing will.

Hi, thanks for the idea,i think ill be needing more of your help from now on lol,im serious! Well i know what he wears to gym and i saw his car,its a black vw polo. His workout routine consists of weights and well looking at me lol. I TRY TO LOOK ATTRACTIVE FOR HIM ONLY but i end up attracting the weird guys or perverts.... so i noticed my crush is at gym when i look sloppy lol and when im "dressed" for him hes not there...

Leave out the honey and the ants will come running.....not just one if you know what I mean.

It appears you are thinking about this a lot so I think in the end it will be up to you to make the first move.

You can just cruise on up to him when he is about to leave and ask him if he wants to hang out somewhere peaceful and have a drink.

Just talk a little.

Maybe awkward, maybe not.

But this way you won't feel like the rest of the gym is staring while you two talk.

But that's the way it goes.

You two may be able to exchange phone numbers or what not then and go from there.

You should just talk to him, the guy doesnt have to start the conversation himself, women can ask men out too. Hes probably just as shy as you and is feeling the exact same way as you do but is fearing approaching you because he thinks he may get rejected. Theres only one way to make sure he's interested in you and that's by talking to him

How do i seem less approachable to weirdos?? And its not like i dress skimpy to gym, i wear a track panse and tee shirt. So i dont see why weirdos come and annoy me.

I apologize in advance if this offends you, but your attitude is the classic double-standard. Unattractive guys who make advances = weirdos or creeps. Attractive guys who make advances = welcomed with open arms.

I can guarantee that if your crush struck up a conversation your post would have an entirely different message and tone.

There's really nothing else to say here. If you get an advance from someone you're not interested in, just be polite about it. There's no need to demean and labels such people as creeps or weirdos. You don't even know these people and are just labeling them based on their looks.

might as well get it over and talk to the guy...unless you wear a sign that says im only looking hot for so and so, your gong to get the good with the bad...nothing you can do about it..

Do u have anything better to do than post mean comments on others posts?

I can tell you right now - before you approach gym guy, learn to take a joke. Otherwise, gym crush guy could think of you what you think of the guy you wrote this thread about.

Plus, think about it...you say you only attract the psychos or perverts. If your crush is checking you out, what's that mean?

Disclaimer: The above is ALSO a joke.

You should take a mp3 player and earphones with you to the gym. That's what I do, it's the easiest quickest way to appear busy and unavailable to talk. With earphones in your ears and a weirdo next to you, it's really easy to just pretend you don't notice him there. Definitely don't acknowledge and make eye contact with someone you don't want to talk to.

Regarding your crush, make eye contact with him if you can, smile and make sure your earphones aren't in when he's around. That's about the best way you can appear to be open towards meeting him. But he might not want to meet you so don't get stalkerish

Archived