The power of fragrance..

crabman

haha, just had the best question ever:

like most of us know, fragrances can release emotions. good ones and bad ones as well.

I read in order to walk on and start a new life after a break up it´s good to redecorate your flat, to get a new hair cut, get a new hobby and to change the perfume..

if you have worn one perfume for the entire relationship, I mean in the honeymoon time, the good times in between and in bad times when the love was slipping away befor it broke, do you think wearing the same perfume in front of your ex would be helpful for reconciliation or not?

Hi crabman,

yeah I've tried it and even got asked why I'm wearing something that I haven't used in a long time. Fortunately I thought that she might ask about that and I had a good answer ready. Do I need to say that it hasn't changed anything?

I still wear it nowadays, I just like the smell, but I've got 5 other smells that I go through. It doesn't really bring back memories, heck even when I smelled my ex's perfume she wore in the very beginning I didn't really feel a lot. I reckon it was too long ago, cause her most recent fragrance still triggers something.

Regards,

the_dawn

I read somewhere one of those relationship guides that not to wear same perfume as it can trigger back negative emotions...If you wore it when troubles started...

I would wear a new fragrance for new fresh start...and why not ?

Let everything be a fresh and new when seeing ex...I know I will be...it's new and refreshing for them to smell something different on you and to see you wear something different then you normally would

so if you were a scruff guy/girl...go buy something totally different and see the compliments you will get...

It happens with people that you know that aren't or haven't had romantic feelings...that is they *notice* something different about you ...so sure it will work for an ex...it's human nature for us to notice something different and even smells...smells mixed with our own is powerful..seductive too !!

I swear everytime I smell Code by Armani I get upset. It triggers all the wonderful memories and feelings I felt for my ex when we first got together. He was wearing it the very first day we spent together up until the end. I will always associate that smell to him.

For me it was Lucky by Curve. I wore that our first weekend together and sometimes I will just smell my bottle of it close my eyes and go back to that beautiful December day. I guess I like torturing myself lol. When we broke up initially there were many tears shed between us and he brought up how the smell of my perfume that day would always stay in his mind. So yes I know at one time it did mean something to him too. I've since then switched scents. Just Juicy Couture for me these days thanks lol

Wow Crabman ... oddly enough you have reminded me of something. I broke up with my ex a while ago now, but after we broke up we had lunch this one time to talk about things and get closure. He was still emotional as hell and I wasn't thinking about reconciling with him at all. In any case, after our lunch we went to a common friend's BBQ and had a couple of glasses of wine. He took me home and we hugged to say goodbye. Then I got a sniff of his perfume. Bam ... the alcohol plus the smell of the perfume ... just couldn't control myself and kissed him. So there you go. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived