Ask For Advice

Thread: No one respects me, no one fears me, I have zero friends, my boyfriend left me.

funk

No one respects me, no one fears me, I have zero friends, my boyfriend left me.

Well It's not that I am a bad person.I am a very nice person, always nice with everyone. I had a boyfriend, who was too possessive. He was successful in cutting off my social life, which is why, when people were busy socializing, he meant the world to me, and then one fine day, he betrayed me. I was in total tears, but that's past. The point is, I have no friends, and I am very friendly, but I have no close friends. I don't know why, and it's true that at times, I don't die for one. But then there are times when I feel I should have a friend too. No one respects me. People are nice with me, but my closely working colleagues hate me in office, as they are dominating and I hate domination. So if they dominate, I tell them I dislike it and that ruins our relationship. Overall, I am politically an idiot. I can't win people in my workplace.
    Please help me out.

I feel no one loves me, forget love, I feel no one likes me.
    This feeling is related to some extent to the fact that I have been left by my boyfriend. He was my very first and I was dead serious about him. But he must have lost his brains to let me out of his life.

funk
    I am trying my best to move on, but no one is with me. I have no close friends. Everyone is nice with me, but I know they don't like me much from within.

ButIAmAlone
    It is not as important to know you are loved, as it is to know you are lovable. If you are a nice person and others around you can't appreciate that, then try to put yourself around people who can. Also, I think you might be assuming thoughts other people might not even have of you. Might you be a little insecure? Peace, Love and Happiness

funk
    and no one even replies to me over here

ButIAmAlone
    Ouch! I guess we're in the same boat then. I must be a "no one". It's okay. When civilization as we know it ends, none of this will matter. So, do you want to row this boat or shall I? Peace, love and Happiness

LonelyJoe

I'm a guy and I feel the same way, but at least have an idea of why (well not really) I don't have friends to talk to and associate with.
    I have a hell of a time with "small talk", you know, talking about the weather, talking about what's on sale at the store ?? hell, I can't even tell you what small talk really is, because that's how good I am (not) at it.

But just because you have a hard time relating to people, does not make you a no-one, worthless, unloveable, unwanted, ugly, skinny, fat, too tall, too short, whatever.. we do that to ourselves.

We internalize what we think our flaws are, and say that is why other people don't like me because of those of those flaws. But, just because we're socially awkward, doesn't make us broken.

We need to find others like us. I like cartoons, I always, have, even at me age. About 3 years ago I started watching Anime after I found out about a local Anime group I didn't know exactly what to expect, but I got a surprise I certianly didn't expect. Acceptance. It didn't matter who I was, how old I was, my relationship status, sexual preference, etc. They accept people with open arms. And I found a place that I was at least comfortable spending time with. It took me a while to find a close friend there. But now I have someone who I felt like I've known her forever.

Top Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
Colleague spreading very serious rumors
I wasn't sure where the appropriate forum to post about this is, but I will try to get straight to the point. I'm in the process of finishing my
Should I talk to my friend about my worries about our friendship or let it be?
Hello! Thank you for reading my post :) It's been a few weeks, maybe a few months, that I don't feel my best friend and I are as close anymore
Confusing behaviour
I met my friend about 9 months ago but we didnít really get talking properly until about 4 months later. I think this is because I live abroad and in
I just want more friends :(
I feel like such a loser right now. I know I am in a slight low point in my life, getting over a major breakup...I'm 21 years old. I only currently
Why is it so hard to make friends as adults? need some advice...
So i am a female in my late 20's. I met a new girl at work a few months ago...I wouldnt say we really hit it off right away but I thought I could
To talk about it or not to talk about it...that is the question
Hello awesome people of enotalone! So, my female friend, and occasional work mate, may be misinterpreting my "being nice" as something with
Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice