<red expletive>!!

jettison

I am intoxicated. I just drank an entire bottle of a pinot grigio called Vampire. From what I remember, it was delicious, but I am no longer capable of measuring the nuances of my palette.

Over 100 applicants applied to one of my dream jobs, and only two were left. In the end, I was second best for the second such interview in a row. I am despondent. I am proverbially kicking blunt objects with my proverbial foot and then breaking it. Tomorrow, I will be hungover and blue. There is no great award that awaits me on hump day. When you experience a supreme disappointment, your whole world goes gray. Now, I dream of happy-go-lucky Fridays, and all the exquisite promises that they bring.

To everyone who has ever been in my predicament, I humbly fly your flag of despair.

image removed

sorry to hear,

keep trying... Can you figure out if its just something out of your control or your skill set needs to be updated? Look for a problem area in your resume and attack it aggressively. If you want to get a job, you need to keep your skilllset up-dated, form connections link removed. If you have tried everything else, I don't know what to suggest, just keep trying... giving up is not an option unless you have a rich dad.

To each of you who have graciously responded to my post: I am indebted and forever grateful for your acknowledgment, and would like to express my deepest gratitude. If plausible, I would gladly purchase for each of you a six pack of either domestic beer or donuts. Your choice.

But in the end, I have only to present to you my drunken words. "You are the best." That is the only cliche that comes to mind. Now I would like to have sexual relationss with a similarly drunken mermaid or perhaps just an attractive lady with a pretty voice.

Aw, Jetts, I'm sorry to hear that. And I don't mean to spoil such a perfect rotten mood with upbeat things like this, but so then take this with a grain of salt:

To be second runner up twice to "your dream job" out of 100 applicants is actually quite impressive, as statements go about your qualifications and capabilities. That's actually, probability-wise, nothing to mock!

And maybe three will be the charm!

In the meantime, I highly suggest you stop drinking Vampire, as good as it is, because in the end it will come around to drink you back. And believe me, that gets tiring.

Oh, almost forgot: can I have a gift subscription to Jamba Juice instead of the donuts/beer option?

Hey Jet... I feel for you. I've been going through the EXACT job/interview situation for the last month. Went to two interviews and was one of two candidates... they picked the other guy. Then a week later they called back, said they moved new candidate into a different position and wanted to see me again for the original position. Went through two more interviews, including meeting the Directors. They gave me the impression the job was mine... and then I didn't hear from them for 4 days. After a bit of nudging from me, they admitted a few people didn't think I was a good fit. Thanks but no thanks.

Despite the "experience" I got through the interview process, it still rankled my nerves.

Archived