Open Club  ·  39 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

• 2 weeks later...

Just about finished "A Spot of Bother" by Mark Haddon, I loved his first book "A Curios Incident of the Dog in the Night-time"

Its very different from a curious incident as it takes on the perspectives of four people throughout, it's an ok read.

Several on the go, but predominantly it appears to be The Hagakure, translated by William Scott Wilson.

This being a condensed version of the almost three hundred-year-old collection of texts that summarise Bushido, the chivalry-esque concept of the samurai warrior class of old Japan, primarily through the commentaries of the reclusive samurai Yamamoto Tsunetomo. A thought-provoking read.

i read the first one "interview with the vampire" because i had seen the movie, so i expected the book to be better and it was!

i saw the movie again after reading the book and it was just blah compared to it

When i got to reading the second and the third book.... i had to force myself through the first pages before it got to the good part..

A couple on the go, as usual, but FINALLY got a new copy of "Shake hands with the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire and that one has my primary attention right now.

When I was a teen, I loved Anne Rice books for my juicy trash-sex-romance fix. Some of those scenes are hooot. (or at least I thought so as a teen!).