where to go, where to go....

-Hollywood-

hey all:

i recently realized how much i want to share my life with someone - i'm finally admitting to myself that it's something that's missing in my life, and that i don't think life would be so bad with a boyfriend. i've valued my time alone and have gained much wisdom and happiness from being single. i have had companions and a boyfriend in the past, but now that i am single again, i've been thinking about how being in a relationship would be a good thing for me. the only thing is, i'm awfully shy around men - i don't generally aproach men unless they start talking to me, and even then i get tongue-tied. that and i have such a busy life that the only potential place i can think of to meet guys is at school - and that's tricky because a lot of guys there are either way too immature, or too serious with their studies to get involved with anyone. i don't go to clubs or bars, and i don't have a lot of friends either who could "fix me up" with anyone. so are there any suggestions as to how and where i can meet guys around my age with the same interests as me? let me know.

cheers.

-H-

How old are you if you dont mind me asking...

I dont have many friends, I dont go out to clubs or bars because its just not me. Like you I value my alone time.

To meet people, I do simple things. If I sit next to someone, I say hello to them... If they say hello back I start a conversation like, "it's warm out today eh" and I let it go from there... make a friend... see what happens.

Sometimes it falls through, sometimes I make a new good friend. You never know who you're going to meet.

What are your interests, join a club or social group where you live.

It's not terribly hard to meet people, just smile and say hellp!

Oddly, what you just described is where was a few months ago. I lived 4 so many years blind of the pleasures of having a significant other yet now I see the beauty it can provide for the first time. :shocked!: It kicks butt. For me tennis was my connection and I took advantage of the experience. True love hasnt been reached but i can now see the potential with time.

You must have some sort of passions right? Things u like to do, study, excel at? Go and do them, be u outside of the norm, find clubs if u need to. Do the things uve wanted to do for years yet havent allowed yourself to. Meeting those of similar intrests make the bonding aspect so much easier and the results are endless, as you define them. Best of luck.

yes, most definitely i have clubs that i attend and have other interests that keep me busy: i am currently enrolled in a martial arts club, i dabble in the theater, i go to school full time, i have a part time job, i play musical instruments, and i do go out every once in awhile. the thing is, my martial arts club is filled with mostly women or guys who simply are not my type; i hate actors; school is filled with younger much more immature boys; i work with one other person since i am a tutor; and i practice music alone. school takes up a lot of my time, so there's not much room for anything else - and when i do go out it's with people i know of course. ack! how difficult. i just want to meet people.....

I assume you have a pretty good idea of the kind of guy yould like to meet. MY best advice is to do some research and find clubs to join that will more likely have guys you might like to meet. Not sure how big your city is but consider school, city and state clubs. Are there no music clubs you could join?

If it makes u feel better, youre not alone, my options are very limited when it comes to meeting the kind of women I would like to meet as I currently reside in a fairly small town with basically no clubs of my interest and most peeps dont even speak my language. I work with what I got but I gotta get out of this place for sure when I get liscenced. Best of luck.

Hello

Go to Yahoo personals and fill out the form.....its very professional and totally free.......its all done via zip codes.......and with class

Age does not matter, its for everyone

You will be surprized, and the peole you will meet don't really want to hang out in bars...thats why they signed up to. You will make some new friends in a very short period of time.

Go get em .....and wisdom is a good thing, I like that

Have a great weekend !

Kuhl

i am with you on this - my firends are all getting or are married and i was in a 5 year relationship i work in a small business so gettting to meet people at work wont happen i go out with firends but like i said they have others and dont fix me up - i am worried i am not good looking enough and have physical hang ups and well i cant joing a club as i travel too much to do it all the time so what can i do

exactly: see? there's only so much you can do. even with the many clubs and activities that i am involved with, it's still hard to meet people. and the internet can only go so far in terms of a substantial (not necessarily romantic) relationship with someone. i feel somewhat without control of this situation and yet i feel quite happy with life. i think my only hang up is that i know a relationship would be good for me right now - but i have no idea where to look or when it will happen or even if it will happen again and blah blah blah - it's a weird feeling - happy but in search of something to make life even more grand - does that make any sense. i don't know. i got a big smile on my face as i write this, because it's so true - life is beautiful.