Gifts for a female friend :)

traz

I didn't know where else to put this...so here it is

One of my best friends is a girl, and we've been friends for a few years. When I moved away to university we still kept in close contact and have become even closer, and she's gotten me gifts from all of her trips abroad. So now's the question...what can I get for her for christmas Anyone have any ideas that a typical girl may like to receive from a good friend? What would YOU like to get? hehe. Any ideas appreciated

*Note- I'm also trying to avoid anything that might be construed as "romantic" as we've had a little bit of a past in the feelings department, and I don't want to bring that up again

I'd like a laptop.

She would probably like something thoughtful that reflects things she likes and has told you about. A friend of mine collects snow globes, so I am getting her one from Washington DC of the white house.

Another friend likes DVD's, so I would get her the Star Wars Trilogy (since I know she wants it; she's said so.)

I would say not to go overboard, go thoughtful. No jewelry!

a ton of things! hehehehe

1) A male friend of mine bought a sweater for me, and I loved it! I wore it for 8 years until it finally fell apart.

2) A magazine subscription to a magazine she likes

3) A DVD of a TV show she might like (like Sex and the City). I just bought the entire series DVD collector's set, but that was $199

4) coffee beans and a coffee mug

5) picture frame

6) a makeup set (if she is into makeup). Like for example, a Clinique or MAC lip gloss set.

Ok, that's all I can think of right now. Good luck!

keep posting ideas. if i stay with my gf then im gonna need to start shopping for chirstmas gifts lol

well, you should buy your gf something more romantic than you would for a female friend.

For a gf, something like jewlery, flowers, poetry, chocolates would be better. Something romantic.

Jewlery doesn't have to be expensive. I've seen plenty of nice pendants for $20. That plus a simple chain would be a nice christmas present for a gf, I think.

For a female friend, something that you would buy for your sister would be better.

There are many routes you can go with this. Alot will depend on the character of said girl.

If she is a 'girly' girl the make-up, jewelry and such is a safe idea. You could see what poets she likes and get a collection of their works. Books are good, too, especially if you two discuss your lastest reads.

Quirky gifts that really reflect her intersts will be more meaningful, however. I'm a space and airplane nut and the coolest gift I ever got was a WWII fighter plane's propeller.

Of course there are always the generic gifts like candles and pretty knick-knacks that collect dust, they're nice, but kind of a copout.

The biggest thing to remember is your gift is just a material object, expressing your friendship and care for the person is more important.

Buying for a female friend is a pain in the butt. Definitely got to be careful not to get anything that could have a "romantic misinterpretation" (especially in my case, cause the girl I'm buying for has a boyfriend!!!).

A bathrobe? Naw, possible sexual connotations... same goes for pyjamas.

Pampering Bath items?

Perfume? (Nawwwww... may as well buy her a candle...)

Personalized stationery?

Gift certificates? OH!!! A "spa day" gift certificate... those are always cool....

But whatever ya do, don't buy her one of those "star registry/name a star" things. They sounds really, really cool, but they're complete horse-s***. Pardon my language... (sorry, moderators!). Might as well try and buy a piece of the moon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived