Birth control pills, need your help ladies.

Hi guys,

I forgot to take one of my pills on Thursday night (week 1) and didn't realize until it was time to take my Friday night pill. I made a mistake and instead of taking the one I missed plus my friday night one together, I only took the friday one. Now I've been having breakthrough bleeding for the past two days. Tonight I will be starting on my Week 2 pills. Should I continue to take my active pills normally for the rest of this cycle, and will the bleeding eventually stop?

I am using Estrostep FE and currently not sexually active with anyone.

I really don't think it's wise to rely on anything (or anyone) but a doctor/ nurse in situations like this. Since none of us are actually experts or medical professionals who are trained, it's better to contact your GP about something like this. I can give you first-hand experience, but your body and mine are not the same; you may react differently.

For now, I'd keep taking them regularly and call your doctor when you can for advice. And use an alternate form of birth control. I highly doubt you are protected at this point. I know you said you aren't sexually active, so just keep it in mind for the rest of this cycle in case the opportunity presents itself.