lately i have been thinking about killing myself..... i mean all people ever do is like treat me bad get me in trouble with my parents and i feel if i left it would be for the better... all i do is sit arpound listening to my mom yell at me all after noon and she never lets me leave the house, i feel as if i am a caged animal and i have nothing to live for...... i have comitted suicide a lot of times wheather it was through oding, slitting my wrist, or drinking so much i would pass out and i would want to throw up and choke on my own vomet..... i need some help and i dont know what to do, i am sad and not feeling to sure about things any more... and i dont want to have to ever go back to the hospitals so if u have any idias please just help

Hello Melissa,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am sorry to hear that your life isn't going the way you would like to have it go. I understand that thereforeeeeee you'd like to suicide, in fact that you have tried this a few times before.

I would like to explain to you that suicide is absolutely not the answer to your problems. There is so much to live for and I would want to ask you to try to see the bright sight of that, no matter how hard it is. I have read that you seem to have quite some problems. Your biggest worry at the moment seems to be that you feel incaged and that you absolutely do not feel comfortable with your mom.

My suggestion is that you start to talk to your mom first. In my teenage years I failed to communicate to my parents of what was exactly wrong with me. They never really knew that I was being pestered so much and BIG time. It could be possible that your mom is not seeing what is going on, especially when you're the oldest (which was also the case with me). Communication is a very important factor in that. It would be a good idea for you to let her know how you feel. Telling her what you wrote here will do a good trick. May be you could even let her read your message on here.

I also advice you to get professional help, to sort out your other problems. You might or might not want to share your suicide ideas with your mom, but it IS a good idea to get professional help for that.

I hope that this gets you on your way and I wish you good luck in your life. I hope that you will have a bright future and that it starts soon.

~ SwingFox ~

Well if you don't want to see a doctor the best thing you can get is St. John's Wart. It's debatable whether it even really does anything but it's the only thing I can think of that deals with depression in an easy pill form.

Dealing with depression is a long and difficult process. I suggest you get up early every morning and exercise. By early I mean earlier then 7 AM. This means you will have to be in bed by 12 AM most nights but that's no bother really.

Second you should change your diet. Eat fruits... blueberries help clean out your brain from all the nasty toxins we put in our bodies. Eat lots of veggies and fatty salt water fish like tuna and salmon. These will provide your brain with Omega 3 fatty acids. These coupled with the sugars from the fruits will spur serotonin flow. This should end up giving you a better feeling about yourself.

The exercise is essential as is the waking up. These will help you feel in control of your life. It's going to be tough but it's worth it. Ending your life won't make anything easier on family or friends. Not to mention you'll miss out on all the great things life has to offer.

Good luck and I hope this has helped.

Not that I've tried it (never been that depressed) but what Heretic says makes sense. Get up early and get out there. You don't need your mum, you are an individual and you can look after yourself. The challenges you face in life determine the person you become! You are stuck in a really difficult position, thats as clear as the light of day! but if you really put your mind to it you'll be able to get through, leaving the unsupportive people around you far behind.

It is a very hard challenge but look inside yourself and believe you can do it.

Remember this! If you truly believe something in your heart, then it might as well be true...

If you tell yourself you are strong, you are capable, and that you can get through this and be a better person than you can imagine afterwards... then you can!

hey girl! I hope I can Be Your today!! Listen to me..whatever your thinkin about doing...DONT. Your a great person and even though i dont kno u at all I can see that because you realized u have a problem and u came for help.....tryin to kill yourself isnt smart...take my advice..i tried it once..and ended up in a hospital...i didnt get to see my little brother turn 10..it was heartbreaking...and recently my world crashed when my boyfriend of 11 months broke up with me for his eazy-ex..and i thought about it again...then i realized what i was leaving behind...i was leaving a best friend whose name is James...and without me...he wouldnt last..and without him..I wouldnt last. I kno u prolly heard this about 6 Ka-jillion times already but its not woth it...and Hey If u need someone to talk to...MESSAGE ME...im a great listener and Ill do anything i can to help you!! Good luck and i hope to hear from u soon! *Ashley*

i dont really want to have to ut my mom through telling her this again..... i am greatful for all your post, i will start on all of this tomarrow and i will try, i will tell someone i will tell my therapist tomarrow sense i am seeing her, thank you all for eveything bye....

• 3 years later...

my 2 pence 4 ya. soon as possible get a job and leave home. thats whot i did

and moved right out the area too, the further away the better.

in actual fact i went from the uk to australia. melbourne

sometimes this is the answer, it worked for me, i was going completely mad,

now I'm only a little mad..chinn up, unless u live in the third wold country.

in that case buy an oozie and hide................