Hi, My boyfriend and I have been dating for the past one year. We met through common friends. When I first met him, he was very quiet and moody. He then told me he was in an addiction treatment center in British Columbia as he had drug issues . I liked his honesty and it didn't bother me much. Recently he found a few new friends and I doubt that he is doing drugs again. His behaviour has changed completely, and is very rude to me when we talk about this. We are fighting a lot these days. I don't know if I should break up with him? Could it be something else?

When I first met him, he was very quiet and moody.

His behaviour has changed completely, and is very rude to me when we talk about this.

But his behavior hasn't actually changed; he's the same person you met. I'm curious why, if you first met him and he was very quiet and moody, you were interested?

Right now it sounds like you were just a person who helped get him over a bad time in his life. Now he has new friends, and your relationship isn't as necessary. If you're fighting a lot and he's being rude, then you can try to resolve it by talking to him. But it really doesn't sound like this was a good idea from the very beginning.

Archived