What have you done to "fill" the extra time you have after a breakup?

We all know we spent a significant amount of time with our ex lovers. Lots of communication, lots of thoughts, planning for vacations/weekends etc.. We also lost part of ourselves as we got into this relationship with them and some like me gave up some hobbies/dreams just cause the relationship got in the way.

Currently Im going on over a month after the breakup so far and about no contact aswell minus the day my ex said happy bday and I thanked her for everything. However, I miss her and her company. I have friends to talk to but I just miss my ex. She was my best friend and I was happy just being with her and spending time with her. I finally passed my exam and moving on up to a different field in my job. I told

My ex that I will move up and become more stable 2 years ago and I just accomplished this after we broke up.

What have you guys done to fill the void missing in your life after splitting up?

-passed my exam for a new field and starting my new job next week (salary pay)

-got back into fitness and eating healthy (me and my ex loved eating out so I got fat after 4 years together and she was turned off and tried her best to motivate me)

-started reading books again on self improvement

-got Into fashion looks for men

-finally got approved to get my own place but I will be looking to do this by next year while I save some more

That's great you've found so much stuff to fill your time with. I have found break ups are the best thing to motivate you to do better in life, so there is that flipside (albeit doesn't make up for the pain by any stretch) getting fit is the best thing to do overall.

I only spent weekends with my ex, but I'm taking a month off work (because of the thought of being there right now fills me with fear and dread) so I have very little to fill my time with. I already keep fit and see a personal trainer, I passed my driving test, exams ect. I am struggling to find goals.

I have always wanted to write a novel though, so I may attempt to start that.

I so understand this dilemma, but having been through it a couple of times before, as much as it hurts I do know for a fact the void does fill up. But you have to work at it and be patient. But I get it. When you are in the middle of it, it seems endless.

I have a great network of friends to start with. However when I am in a relationship I tend to not reach out to them as much so I understand my sudden availability doesn't match with theirs. . at least not over night.

So I nurture these friendships along the way and I've learned not to neglect them while in a relationship.

Same goes for family.

Google Meetups unless you are already familiar. You can join countless groups and clubs in your area that range from sports, to singles and social activities. Seriously, you can do something 7 nights a week if you choose to.

I joined a women's group 4 yrs ago and have made several friends due to it.

Just know that it's the loss that you are feeling and as the loss lessons so does the void.

I manage to keep myself so busy at times I don't know where I would fit a relationship into to mix.

(almost 6mos post relationship). .

Oh. .and dating sites. . but not until your ready. That in itself is a part time job.

Hang in there. .by the sounds of it you are on the right track, just be patient.

That's great you've found so much stuff to fill your time with. I have found break ups are the best thing to motivate you to do better in life, so there is that flipside (albeit doesn't make up for the pain by any stretch) getting fit is the best thing to do overall.

I only spent weekends with my ex, but I'm taking a month off work (because of the thought of being there right now fills me with fear and dread) so I have very little to fill my time with. I already keep fit and see a personal trainer, I passed my driving test, exams ect. I am struggling to find goals.

I have always wanted to write a novel though, so I may attempt to start that.

Hang in there bud. Start focusing more on other stuff. I have trouble aswell especially on Sunday's. Every Sunday's were spent together sleeping in, eating out, cooking, movies, shopping. I'd give up what I can to get those days back.

It's really tough but I'm going on my 5th Sunday without her and it still stings but I manage to call up friends and plan the day. Wish it was that easy but keep it up.

Hang in there bud. Start focusing more on other stuff. I have trouble aswell especially on Sunday's. Every Sunday's were spent together sleeping in, eating out, cooking, movies, shopping. I'd give up what I can to get those days back.

It's really tough but I'm going on my 5th Sunday without her and it still stings but I manage to call up friends and plan the day. Wish it was that easy but keep it up.

Thanks mate. Yeah weekends are brutal for me, I need to start finding something to do then, but a lot of stuff hurts as I'd do it with him.

Is it getting any easier?

Archived