Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it ever ok to ask a girl out with a text?

Bronze Member

Is it ever ok to ask a girl out with a text?

I have a crush on this girl at work and I think she likes me too. She's also shy as well. And we have a good working relationship. There's a lot of fun interaction with each other and we have a good rapport. Also, I think she knows I have a crush on her anyway. I can't ask her out face-to-face at work because there's always someone around.

I'm hesitant to just call her out of the blue to ask her out. I thought about texting her to see if she wants to go out for drinks or dinner. The reason I like the idea of text is to keep it casual but maybe keeping it casual would be a bad thing.

I really do think she would go out with me but due to her shyness I'm afraid she wouldn't sound as friendly on the phone and I would get discouraged.

I know every girl is different but are there any girls that would prefer to answer through text so it's easier to turn the guy down if they choose to or to avoid an awkward conversation on the phone.

i would not mind it, being very shy as well, i have used texts and letters to tell my BF things i wanted to say and he got used to it.....would probably not work for everyone but i would not mind it at all...so i'd say go for it!! i think she might be shy too....
    Well, I won't give up on us , God knows i'm tough enough
    We've got a lot to learn, God knows we're worth it
    I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
    I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

- jason mraz -

Platinum Member
    I think it's really lame to ask a girl out via text messaging.

Man up and pick up the phone and talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by tresqua View Post

easy to say when you're not shy...sometimes people just don't have that courage........
    Well, I won't give up on us , God knows i'm tough enough
    We've got a lot to learn, God knows we're worth it
    I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough
    I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up

- jason mraz -

Platinum Member
    What did they do before texting and IMing and emailing? Write a letter?

Bronze Member
    Sometimes, she's socially awkward. I'm afraid that I may catch her off guard when I call her and get a negative response even if she does say yes over the phone. It's just how she is. she's not always bubbly.

Quote Originally Posted by tresqua View Post

I'm sorry, but if you're living in the stone age then perhaps this is not a good idea. If you look around at anyone at a coffee shop, restaurants, bars, anywhere social...everyone is on their phone, texting, emailing.

Texting can be a very casual way of bantering with someone and creating the atmosphere for more without being too direct. To the OP, I think it's a great idea. Many people however will use text the wrong way. I would keep it casual, and go a little bit over the top in your text messages as they can be taken less seriously than in person. For instance, you can poke fun at someone in a text and use emoticons like (:P or ) to get your point across. I would highly recommend you check out this podcast (http://ajandjordantalkchicks.com/epi...-10-text-game/) there are tons of useful points that will help you.

Bronze Member
    I know she is an avid text user. I've known many girls who have been asked by text and they didn't complain. Actually, I was the one who thought it was lame.

That's what I'm hoping for: casualness. I kind of think of it as a scam: "As seen in the popular movie of 1989, Say Anything; going out as friends, but both of the individuals like each other."

If she texts a lot then yeah, go for it. I tend to text to organise most things, lol. It's always nice to hear a voice though. Don't be nervous about it

Bronze Member
    I'm still on the fence. This girl is a tricky one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...