Finally dumped my boyfriend....drug addict/alcoholic

Hi all,

I finally dumped my boyfriend....he's a drug addict/alcoholic. I just don't know how to make it stick. There are some nights i'm so lonely and vulnerable, adn I can't help but answer a message he writes me or write a new one to him. Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

He makes me feel so small by the way he speaks to me. If we are arguing he'll mock me in front of his friends, they all think I'm some crazy girl. Granted, I got upset when he was out till 8 am, doing lines of coke....but I also haven't ever touched any drugs ... I just wanted him to stay sober. He's fallen of the wagon plenty..I think it's better for both of us if I leave. I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.

I was single for 2 years before meeting him, and I wish I could go back to the old me that didn't feel so worthless... I dont talk to my friends about this because htey keep saying - you should just dump him...but no one gets how hard itis. I'm in this vicious cycle

Thanks for reading guys and girls

In the end, he will only drag you down so it's good you dumped him. Stay strong and don't be persuaded by his smooth talk.
    I shared my spare on Feb 4th. Ask me about living kidney donation.

Platinum Member
    You are a co-dependent. Look into CODA for help, they are a free, international organization that can help you recognize and change your behavior.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rah25 View Post
    Hi all,
    Any advice on how to get out of an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship?

I feel so worthless to him...and a part of me just wishes he'll come here and tell me Im special. But even if he says it I know he doesn't mean it.
    How is he abusive towards you?

Any reason you don't believe him if he tells you that your special?

•  

• Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...