Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

Gold Member

How do I get a knot out of my back by myself?

I'm home alone for a few days and as luck would have it, I have huge painful knot in my back right below my shoulder, it's painful to do, anything. It is even painful to breath when im not putting pressure on it. I NEED to make it go away, how do I do it? I think I know the cause of it, and i'm going to eliminate it, but that doesn't help me at the moment. lol On top of this, I have class tomorrow and i'd really like to not have to deal with this on my way to school, at school and leaving school.

Platinum Member renaissancewoman101's Avatar
    you can go get a massage at a day spa if you have the funds for that.

Or you can use one of those Thermacare hot pads (they stay hot for 8 hours then you toss them). They work wonders. I use them when my back or neck acts up.
    <---- sleepy Jasper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I use a golf ball and lay on it and push down and move a bit so it provides deep massage.
    Sept 23/2014 Asperger's diagnosis for my son. " in a box not a bottle"

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

Platinum Member
    The only exercise I know is to pretend you are putting your arms around an ENORMOUS tree trunk, touch your fingertips and relax as much as you can.

But really you may need painkillers to relax it and then it might de-knot itself...
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, It is because we do not dare that they are difficult. (Seneca)

Platinum Member
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady View Post
    Painful when you breathe? That sounds more like a cyst than a knot. Maybe you should see a doctor.
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.

I use a long sponge tube. Its a self massager ( my old trainer used to use it on me as well). You lay on it and roll on it to massage yourself---> similar to the golfball post.
    "An alpha female bares her throat only to her mate"

Gold Member
    I'm resting my back on a heating pad right now, hopefully that will help.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scared and alone View Post
    No, it's not a cyst. it's just SO knotted up. My cats hog my side of the bed by my feet at night so my upper body is on one side of the bed and my lower body is on the other side and my body is just all in weird, painful positions when i'm in bed.
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon lady View Post
    Ouch.

Do you have someone who can press on it for you? Friend, parent, sister?
    I wish But I don't know anybody here and my bf wont be back until late wednsday. ugh.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...