Are white guys attracted to black girls?

aurevoir

Just wondering, I dont mean to offend anyone?

But i have a friend that is very self-conscious about her race I dont know why

I think black people are pretty great people.

She assumes that white guys are not attracted to her. I don't think that is true!

She's really pretty, but sometimes lacks confidence

I don't know.

what do you guys think?

I think it's an insecurity and confidence thing... I'm like your friend. I know I have insecurity issues and I'm trying to fix them. I too think certain races aren't attracted to me, regardless of the many guys I've known to be attracted to me from many races... You see, I'm Filipina and have dated mostly black guys and a few white guys... But sometimes I tend to think white guys aren't attracted to me... even though I've had relationships with white guys before... I think it's got a lot to do with insecurities...

Well it all depends on personal preference. I know white guys who prefer black girls and I also know guys who wouldn't date an asian, indian or black woman. None of these guys are racist by any means but they just don't feel chemistry with these women. Unfortunately though, I would say that there is a significant portion of white males (40% or more) that would prefer a white woman to a black woman.

why do white girls date black people? or black guys like white girls. i will speak for myself because this can't be all entirely true.

there is a cultural aspect associated with people, which contribute to their perception, their attitude, their beliefs etc.

For example, people from the southern states, may have an accent, may have have a particular, traditional view in politics, they, demographically speaking, may be mostly white, or black ( i don't actually know, i'm just using this as an example), they're media may attract ideas---whatever.

Anyways, having said that, that idea can be related to white girls, and black boys, and any race. There is a certain culture associated with certain individuals of certain races. It is a generalizing statement, but it can help us learn about certain majorities, statistics, and the way people act. My view is to get to know each individual and then make your conclusion. But I still don't doubt my points here.

So, a black girl, may have black role models, not hard to believe. A role model that has something in common with them. May watch BET, or Much Music, and may be inspired and influenced by the culture that provides. And as a result may very well -act, based on what is seen on TV, whether consciously or somewhat subconsciously, ultimately, you'll end up having a black female community, that acts like this. Some may see it as the youthly role and then you grow out of it.

Many black women I've spoken to, have a different way of speaking, a different vibe to preference of certain things, and being black, I think first hand has something to do with culture--it influences us, one way or the other.

Now these black women I'm thinking of in this example, or very intelligent, very smart, and mature, so not to be confused.

White girls in a lot of cases again have a culture driven influence. I personally don't like what the TV has to show about a black culture, but I will say that I have black relatives and siblings and some of them show what I'm talking about. White girls aren't subject to that culture or don't engage in that exposure, and I prefer that. It turns out that as a result, white girls that I have met, have been really fun, laid back and just cute. I've met black girls like this too---but perhaps the TV culture has given me a bit of a bias. I say this knowing I have many black girlfriends, guy friends, and same for white girl friends and guy friends. I seem to prefer a sexual relationship with a white girl.

Dating a black girl would make things so much easier in terms of putting up with my stiff boomer parents, who are very traditional. but what can i say i love white girls haha!

I don't prefer curly hair (though some women really pull it off), so a black woman who wears her hair naturally I would most likely not find attractive. I know there are many black women who straighten their hair, and I have been attracted to some black women's looks before, but overall I would say if I passed a random black woman on the street I would not be attracted to her based on her looks.

Granted, I have no idea what your friend looks like so I can only speak in vague general terms based on what I've seen and prefer.

im blk, my fiance is white and ive never had a problem reeling in the whities

it used to be more white fems with black men, but the dynamic is starting to change quite a bit nowadays. im apart of a few blk/white relationship groups with couples like me. so we do exist.

we are a hot commodity in europe, if she doesnt have any luck where she is, she should try overseas.

I'm from Ireland so maybe the culture here hasn't got any of the history that the states does, but here people are attracted to people! I shouldn't imagine that it's a whole lot different there but it just might be that the culture might cause hesitation about doing something about it? And in that case you simply wouldn't know that the person was feeling attracted in the first place!

Having read enzarto's post and going through a little personal reflection, I'd say that cultural expectations might also play into some of the initial attraction (or lack) I might feel toward a black woman. Some would be fear of the unknown, some would be fear of the known. I wouldn't say this would be a dominant factor in whether or not I was attracted, but it would play a small part (5-15% probably, if I had to take a wild guess).

It's difficult to be honest about a subject like this because it has the potential to incite strong feelings in response to what is said.

Having read enzarto's post and going through a little personal reflection, I'd say that cultural expectations might also play into some of the initial attraction (or lack) I might feel toward a black woman. Some would be fear of the unknown, some would be fear of the known. I wouldn't say this would be a dominant factor in whether or not I was attracted, but it would play a small part (5-15% probably, if I had to take a wild guess).

It's difficult to be honest about a subject like this because it has the potential to incite strong feelings in response to what is said.

Truth to be told, and I would like to let eNotAlone know that relationship discussion does have some borderlines, but does it mean that they cannot be attacked professionally and courteously, just so we can help someone out? Truly being a black guy I know that I am looked at differently by girls, there's no question--or by anyone for that matter, like an employer!

As an artist as well, I know that the eyes are probably the most obvious and immediate tool used by people before the other things such as the mature perception of someone, such as looking at someone's character rather than skin. It is the immediate response we have to someone regardless or our virtues or values, we are human what can I say.

As long as we can have a good measure of equity associated with our beliefs. Back on topic though, I mainly have white friends and white girlfriends, I have tonnes of black family and black friends, I'm just not all into the cultures (very misleading ones) associated with black people, consequently, black women who adopt that would say something more about their character, rather than their skin

As a white guy, I'm generally not physically attracted to black girls. There are exceptions of course - there are black girls I think are hot - but overall, nope. In my experience most of my friends are the same way. It's not racism, it's preference & the image of beauty I've been imprinted with.

There actually is a very good explanation for this phenomenon. Physical attraction is generally governed by two factors: genetics and society. Genetically, we're wired to think people who are like us attractive. It's why we evolved the Westermarck effect, after all - protection against genetic defects, because who's more like us than our family?

The second reason is social.

A certain race's attractiveness has a lot to do with that race's perceived "standing" standing among others. Currently, the whites are, so to speak, "on top". European & North American (US/Canada) countries are the most developed in the world. They're the richest; the rest of the world is trying to catch up. They also set cultural trends via music, movies & other media which the rest of the world is exposed to. Accordingly, they're generally considered more attractive. White people aren't innately more attractive than any others, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and if the beholder's idea of beauty was molded by mass media and Hollywood...

From that standpoint, it's easy to see why girls in Asia are getting plastic surgery done to make their noses thinner and eyes rounder, and why even in the black/latino communities the lighter-skinned girls are thought to be prettier.

Interestingly enough, thousands of years ago (bronze age) the situation was very different. The world's advanced civilizations were in Babylon, Egypt, Iberia. All of them dark-skinned people. Europe of the time was a collection of endless forests & swamps filled with primitive barbarian tribes, which happened to be composed of white folks. There are many records from that time referring to black women as the ideal of beauty, while contemptuously dismissing white ones as unattractive, unworthy of pursuit.

I actually fully expect Asia (China, Japan, Korea) to catch up and then surpass the western world in wealth and cultural output inside the next 200-300 years. Once that happens, I'd bet that Asian girls will get their day in the sun

Going against the grain as always. More than 50% of the time I see a black girl I'm attracted to, she usually returns to the arms of her white guy, or goes back to hold his hand, or I find out she has a boyfriend and he happens to be white. So I would say yes, but not always as has been stated. It all comes down to personal preference.

Yes some do. I am a white male ..my girlfriend is black. I have white friends who are I terested in black women as well. If you like something or someone go for it.

I find black more attractive personally. All preference. In cities you see more of this sort of thing.

I am a white female, but I thought I'd put in my two cents anyways.

If I find someone that is physically attractive, can make me laugh, and hold a witty conversation then I will usually be attracted to that person at least on some level. I have dated a black man, a man from central america, someone whose parents were from hong kong, and white men too. I feel like I can be physically attracted to someone from any race it doesn't really matter. I seem to have more in common with my current caucasian boyfriend since we were raised in a very similar manner, but my most attractive boyfriend was a light black man who had the most amazing green eyes I had ever seen. He was seriously a beautiful person.

Sorry for the rambling, but my point is I think it is too broad of a thing to ask is one race attracted to the other. It is one person attracted to another... and people's tastes and prefrences can be all over the board.

Just wondering, I dont mean to offend anyone?

But i have a friend that is very self-conscious about her race I dont know why

I think black people are pretty great people.

She assumes that white guys are not attracted to her. I don't think that is true!

She's really pretty, but sometimes lacks confidence

I don't know.

what do you guys think?

Hopefully anyone who dates your friend will be dating her because they want to date HER- and not because of her race.

I have seen several mixed-race couple combinations. There are some people that date outside of their ethnic groups and others that don't. She really shouldn't focus on whether "white guys" as an entire group are attracted to her- but approach each man she meets on a case-by-case basis.

Well, I think it has to do more with the person's preferences than anything.

For example, I'm mostly attracted to Caucasian girls, but there are some black girls that really turn my head (especially on campus.) I also have had crushes on girls who are Indian, who are Chinese, who are Japanese...the list goes on.

If the guy finds her pretty, and likes her personality, it doesn't really matter what race she is.

In short, everyone's restating the same idea: there are always exceptions, and since it's possible let's not mention whether it's probable. In fact, let's not probability at all because in this case it's more important to not offend anyone than to answer the question posed.

Kind of like:

Q: I broke into someone's house, will I go to prison?

A1: Not necessarily, I know someone who got away with it.

A2: Me too!

A3: Me too! Focus on YOUR situation, don't worry about anyone else.

A4: Yeah, what's important is how you handle it. I know someone who got away with it too.

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but I noticed a trend which struck me as amusing and I couldn't help but comment

I used to not be attracted to black girls. I think the whole hip hop/gangsta rap culture put me off. But I've met a few I found rather attractive and with interesting personalities, so I've become open to the idea of a relationship with a black girl.

Archived