Perscription induced low sex drive.

holyohio

I have a reasonably healthy sex drive, but my girlfriend and my sex life has started to sputter lately (used to have sex almost every night to just once a week now) because she was perscribed Effexor for depression.

She seems happier and less anxious on the pills, but she says she has almost no sex drive...when we do have sex now, it seems like she is really just doing it for my benefit and not enjoying it (i understand that it's due to the fact that she has no desire in the first place to do it, so she's just lookin' out for me).

Although I understand (i think) that this is most likely purely due to her medication, is there anything really I can do?

We've already talked about it, but it seems like once we decide that it's the medication, the only solution is to get her off the meds, or deal with it. I'm not selfish enough to make medical choices for other people so I can get more sex, so it looks like all I can do is deal with it.

Any ideas?

i'm in this exact situation. except i'm in your girlfriends place. My new BC pills kill any sex drive. trust me, us girls feels terrible!! we WANT to feel like doing stuff but the pills just won't let that happen my boyfriend is very understanding and patient and it helps alot. Just try to be very understanding. I think it's sweet that she at least does it for you even if she's not into it. good luck

Archived