Happiness and the Significant Other

emit_remmus

I want to discuss finding the emotion of ecstatic happiness in one's self and not through others.

Although having the tone of selfishness and lust, one reason one may be without a relationship is from having grown cold towards the opposite sex. This could be from past experience such as mistrust and lack of faith.

Given that one may have always wanted to be with that significant other just so one may feel happy, I must elaborate that this happiness is dwelt and kept by the one seeking it. In this case, one only cares about the bodily pleasures of a relationship.

This is no grounds for a committed relationship between two. For instance, the reciprocity would be a trade off of lust for lust, and this we would identify with "one night stand."

thereforeeee, one in this sense is not ready for commitment but has fooled one's self into thinking they must have this person to feel happy. thereforeeee, one will have feelings of loneliness.

It is in this case that one should seek friendship instead of a significant other. One should seek a friendship where one can truly shine forth true colors. Here, there are no insecurities to hide.

They say when you really DON'T NEED anyone, is when it's the ideal time to enter a relationship.

Happiness is something you should be able to offer yourself...Relying on another person for happiness isn't a bad thing, as long as you're first and foremost self-reliant. One of those, love yourself so others can love you scenarios. If you're not happy on your own, no one else can change that but you.

Loneliness is a good thing as long as it's not crippling. It motivates people to change by showing them that there are some needs which are not being met.

I've never found friends to be an adequate substitute for romance. The level of intimacy is not the same, especially in male friendships. But compensation is better than doing nothing at all, right?

Archived