Dont care or that shy

Multivitamin

I would say that if a person cannot overcome one's shyness either because he/she chooses not to do the work or because the person has such a serious disorder that it's not possible then I would feel that that person is not emotionally available for a healthy romantic relationship.

Well I think I am emotionally available for a romantic relationship and I am at least attempting to overcome my shyness.Doesn't the environment play a factor in these kind of situations? My problem meeting women is just as much socioeconomic as it is is me being shy.I live in an economically depressed area and most of my friends have moved away due to economic reasons.So I don't have much of a social network.There really aren't a lot of places one can go to meet women in this area besides the bar scene for which I am not cut out for.For starters I don't drink and am not much of a dancer .I realize my shyness is a huge stumbling block in regards to meeting women but it certainly isn't the only factor.

I deliberately moved 5 miles from where I lived growing up so that I could be right in the heart of the city where all the other singles were - did that almost 13 years ago. Best decision I ever made. If at all possible, why not make that a goal of yours? I too grew up in a not so great area but I made sure that I went to lots of social functions to meet people (both for friends and dating). I was quite shy until I was in my later teen years and then I came out of my shell more.

I deliberately moved 5 miles from where I lived growing up so that I could be right in the heart of the city where all the other singles were - did that almost 13 years ago. Best decision I ever made. If at all possible, why not make that a goal of yours? I too grew up in a not so great area but I made sure that I went to lots of social functions to meet people (both for friends and dating). I was quite shy until I was in my later teen years and then I came out of my shell more.

Moving isn't really an option for me right now,ideally I would like to meet a woman who shares the same religious beliefs as me but even going to things like church meetings or events likely wouldn't change my situation that much.I would guess the majority of people attending those events[around here] would be senior citizens .

Moving isn't really an option for me right now,ideally I would like to meet a woman who shares the same religious beliefs as me but even going to things like church meetings or events likely wouldn't change my situation that much.I would guess the majority of people attending those events[around here] would be senior citizens .

I understand. We all have different goals and priorities - mine was to live where the "singles scene" was and in an area where there were a high percentage of singles with my religious background. Maybe you want to reconsider your choices in job, career, etc so that you can make that more of a priority. I chose my job/career in part so that I could work with and meet likeminded people and it happens to attract a lot of single men. I met all of my serious boyfriends in the last 12 years through work-related connections.

He sounds like a loser. I would just call him out on it and be like "whats your deal are you ever going to ask me out."

This happened to me once, this guy kept talking to me about himself and I finally said "are you ever gonna ask me out." so he did and he was boring and a loser. And then he called me a few times.

Guys like this are usually insecure and boring.

He sounds like a loser. I would just call him out on it and be like "whats your deal are you ever going to ask me out."

This happened to me once, this guy kept talking to me about himself and I finally said "are you ever gonna ask me out." so he did and he was boring and a loser. And then he called me a few times.

Guys like this are usually insecure and boring.

I wouldn't call him a loser just because he is shy about asking her out ,if he is continuosly talking about himself ,well that's a different story.I don't have an easy time asking women out but I am far from boring.

Someone who perpetually talks about himself to a girl and is too scared to ask her out, is

definitley BORING because they only talk about one topic THEMSELVES

and a loser because he's acting like an idiot to this poor girl.

A loser is someone who tries to be cool, but isnt and thats this guy.

So, if a guy who wins an award for being that shy around you, makes no attempt to ask you ANY personal questions (he has no problem talking abt himself-even if not asked)

but keeps on approaching you everyday to make irrelevant long conversations about someone else, or work, Is it a horrible sign?

Its so weird, Im sure this guy wudnt even ask me what happened if I came in with a fracture(hypothetically). He'd just stare at me, and my fracture for a loong time, and I'd stare back...and then finally he'll say................" hi. "

he's shy, so u take the responsibility of being the agressor here ask him out....he'll prolly say yes, cz if you wait for him u'll lose intrest like most women would

on second though he may be conceited

So, if a guy who wins an award for being that shy around you, makes no attempt to ask you ANY personal questions (he has no problem talking abt himself-even if not asked)

I'm ridiculously shy myself. There's one thing I hate more than being asked personal questions: asking personal questions, especially of a coworker. It feels like unwanted probing on my part. Since I don't have a need to know, it's none of my business. An attitude like that won't get me anywhere socially, but you see where I'm coming from?

You say this dude volunteers information about himself. If he's too timid to ask anything directly, he may be revealing himself in the hopes that you'd reciprocate and make him more at ease in your presense.

Archived