Why wouldn't he kiss me??

Hi all. I'm confused. I went out the other night...flirted up a storm with this guy...and things seemed to be going well. He was touchy feely...buying me drinks...seemed keen to move further. I was too. So he pulled me to the side...held me close to him...and we stared into each others eyes for at least 5 minutes. He was smiling at me...so I leaned in for the kiss. Well he pulled away...but didn't let go of me...just said he'd call me. He kept telling me all night that he'd call me (got my number within 5minutes of meeting each other). I know he won't call me...that's not the point. Why would he give me every signal to say kiss me (staring at my lips, licking his, smiling cheekily) but pull away from it? But at the same time...keep hold of me. He said I had too many 'bodyguards' looking out for me - and I kinda did...they were my friends though...just I'm more outgoing than them. But if he wanted to he wouldn't have let my friends interfere right? I mean...I'm SO confused. Please help. Am I unattractive...is that why he didn't want to kiss me?

Cheers!

Betty

Maybe someone was watching HIM??? like his girlfriend perhaps?!

I wouldn't worry about him, he sounds like a bit of a player for getting your phone number so quick. No offence but i wonder how many other girls numbers he got that night?!

Dont let him make you feel unnattractive, im sure your not! Chin up and onto the next one lol

I would kiss you

Awwww shucks!! Thanks!

And thanks everyone! Here's the crazy thing...got over it...didn't think about him and no...he didn't call. He really is gorgeous though. Anyhow...went out again tonight...exactly one week later...and went to the same pub. Wishing to see him again? Maybe. Anyhow he wasn't there...but his friend from last week was. So we left cause we didn't want to talk to him and went to get some food at maccas. Waiting in line...I look over at the tables...and HE'S THERE! I didn't know what to do. Then I got all snotty and started the 'well he didn't want me enough to call me...I won't pay attention to him'. So I ignored him. Even when he got up...saw me...walked as close to me and my friend as possible while looking at me (I didn't look up at him) and left. Now I regret not looking at him...need a reality check with this guy hey. Although I just keep thinking it was my second chance! Maybe I shoulda just gone up to him and asked him what was with the not kissing thing??

Cheers!

Betty!

Well, it's a bit difficult to talk to someone who won't look you in the eye! He probably wanted to talk to you in the restaurant, if he came up close enough to make his presense obvious. As for the phone thing, unless he said "I'll call you at this specific time" and he didn't call you at that specific time (or within a couple of days), I think waiting a week is too short. I mean, stuff could have come up for him. You never know.

If you do run into him again, I wouldn't mention the not kissing thing - since you had just met (assuming you didn't know him beforehand?), maybe he wanted to take things slow, tease you, build the attraction, not make his move in public, etc. Mentioning the kissing thing just puts conflict on the table, and after meeting him for the second time only? If you throw it out there in a joking way, it might be okay, but you'd have to be very laxed and confident about it, or else, it would probably be highly awkward for both of you.

It's best to just move on from the what ifs. If it's any consolation, I probably would have acted the same way in the restaurant - self defense, no? Though next time you find yourself in this exact situation, you'll know just what to do!