Got a date, but not a number! uh oh?

I finally asked out this gal in one of my courses to coffee.

Conversation:

Me: Hi, um I know we dont really know eachother, but would you like to do coffee sometime?

Gal: Ummm....*looks around hesitantly* suuureee... why not?

Me: Cool. Oh, um, my name is ________ by the way.

Gal: Oh, I know... from class.

Then we talked about class for about 15 seconds and then we had to part ways cuz we were both already late to our next classes. I just said "have a good day" and she smiled.

Then I realized I didnt get a number or anything from her. Darnit. My friends said I was screwed.

Ill see her later this week again in class. Should I just say hi to her and see if she brings up the whole date thing, or should I just say hi and then be like, "oh btw, i didn't get your number." I dont want to seem like I'm desperate or pushy.

thank ya'all

Ill see her later this week again in class. Should I just say hi to her and see if she brings up the whole date thing, or should I just say hi and then be like, "oh btw, i didn't get your number." I dont want to seem like I'm desperate or pushy.

thank ya'all

You're not going to come off as pushy if you ask for her number the next time you see her in class....it's okay....go ask her for her number

Have fun,

hoss

I was thinking the next time you see her you could ask her out for a specific time and place....what do you think?

you dont think itd be too pushy? i figured i could get her number then maybe set a time and place like on the weekend... i dunno? its been soooo many years since ive dated. i remember being able to get numbers so easily and then waiting like two weeks before calling. i just dont have the patience anymore, haha

I would probably make some small talk with her (about the class or how her week is going)...then if things are looking positive with that you could straight out ask her out with a specific place and time in question. If you feel more comfortable asking for her number first and calling her that's good too.

It depends on how many people are around you when you're talking with her. If it's just you two in the room vs. the entire classroom and how confident you're feeling that day.

You will be fine.

hosswhispra

I would probably make some small talk with her (about the class or how her week is going)...then if things are looking positive with that you could straight out ask her out with a specific place and time in question. If you feel more comfortable asking for her number first and calling her that's good too.

It depends on how many people are around you when you're talking with her. If it's just you two in the room vs. the entire classroom and how confident you're feeling that day.

You will be fine.

hosswhispra

thanks hosswhispra, ill prolly end up doing some small talk and feel out how the situation is... if good, then Ill get her number. thank ya!

haha well things didnt go so well. i didnt get a chance to talk to her during class because she sits at the other end of the room and the teacher lectures the whole time, but I was planning on approaching her after class. right as the professor dismissed us, the gal bolted for the door and was gone by the time I was on my way out the door with my friends. shes usually one of the last people out of class... my friend said, "hmmm... doesnt seem like a good sign, but don't ponder on it too much." haha oh well...

That's one reason why I really almost refuse to ask out a girl from class. You'll definitely be seeing her again, so if she says no, then you have to still be around her, to some extent. Makes it a little awkward.

But, don't let that stop YOU! You follow your heart and do what you think is right.

That's one reason why I really almost refuse to ask out a girl from class. You'll definitely be seeing her again, so if she says no, then you have to still be around her, to some extent. Makes it a little awkward.

But, don't let that stop YOU! You follow your heart and do what you think is right.

i totally agree with you about the whole approaching girls in class thing... majorly awkward having to see them everyday if I got rejected.

thanks for the encouragement