We Broke Up Last Night...

I haven't been able to sleep all night and it hurts sooo immensely...I've been having doubts about breaking up with my boyfriend lately, and I did it last night. I was just tired of him coming on to other girls and having a lack of trust in him...I've kept him around so long because I do love him, but I just realize that I don't deserve this...he's just been my security blanket...and now that I've let go...I don't know what to do. I want to keep no connection with him, but it just feels like I'm being thrown out into the ocean...this is the first REAL breakup I've been in...anyone have an remedies for me?

hey girl - I think you did the right thing! who needs to deal with a boyfriend who's got his eyes and paws on other women? blah. you just saved yourself a lot of heartache in the long run. there is a good book, "It's called a breakup because it's broken." go ahead and read that. in the meantime, hang out with gfs, be good to yourself. read, re-establish some friendships or hobbies you may have neglected while you were with your bf.

(((HUGS)))

hey ashley--

i definitely think you made the right decision. the fact that you had doubts would of been enough of a red flag that something was definitely not right. and even if he wasnt looking at other girls, its good that you didnt lead him on and you ended things based on your instincts. if you did lead him on, you would be setting yourself up for a more disasterous for both sides. hang in there, it gets easier. trust me.

hey there, you are right you do deserve better. Keep busy and surround yourself with people that love you...it will help you remember how special you are to others. That guy was bad news. Stay busy and remember that calling him will be like taking a few steps back for you. You're on your way to a better relationship....so don't do that...