email after a 1 1/2 months

It's been a month since my ex and I spoke. Last conversation was a weird email asking me what her "Faults" were. I asked her why she wanted to know this from me, and she didnt respond. The day after valentine's day, she emailed me. She asked me about a sports team that was starting up, about the family, work etc. It was short. I responded with light conversation. I did mention some of the new things I am up to, including working out. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to working out and everyone I see says how good I look, and thats why it was important I mention in in my email.

Why does she do this? I'd feel like a jerk if I didnt respond completely, but it hurts. It brings up so many memories...and I want to be back together. She knows it, but says that she might never love me the way she did again. She is with some rebound dude she met while dating me. She broke up with me to be with him after we got into a fight.

It's been a month since my ex and I spoke. Last conversation was a weird email asking me what her "Faults" were.

Tell her you'd be happy to respond but your mailbox will only allow you to send messages of 10,000 words or less -

She knows it, but says that she might never love me the way she did again. She is with some rebound dude she met while dating me. She broke up with me to be with him after we got into a fight.

That's what I got from my ex too - "dunno whetehr I could ever feel about you the way I originally felt" - these people don't realise that feelings don't just come and land in your lap, you have to work on them yourself to a certain degree as well. Ok in the beginning feelings come easily but over time you actually have to nurture them. Which by all acounts is too much effort for some people.

If she will insist on seeing you through a ceratin filter, then there's nothing you can do about that.

On the other hand if the feeling really is truly "gone" for you then there's women out there that will make you feel like a prince, and NOT be vague about their feelings. They will have the sense to recognise you as a good catch. Either way, believe in yourself.