Girl's please help.

Balistic01

If you got a Valentines ecard from a guy you have been chating to for over four months, would it freak you out? Even thou you get along great and have organised a visit from him for a weekend in the future. I think I've scared a nice girl off. Haven't heared from her since before Valentines day and I usually get an email every two days.

Hi Balistic,

I'm not a girl but I thought I'd reply anyway.

First of all don't jump to conclusions. Yes it's possible that the card may have freaked her out a little, if she thought that you guys were just friends, but it's equally possible that there's another explanation for her lack of email. Maybe she's sick, or has some other problems going on.

Don't jump the gun, get panicky and send some irrational email (not that I'm saying you would, just saying don't). Wait for a week or so and if you haven't heard from her then send an email asking if she is ok and saying that you are concerned about her. If still no response then just hang back and hope she contacts you when she can.

Wishing you all the best of luck....

My first question is: do you like her as more than an e-friend? If not, then you might be able to get out of it with an explanation. If so, that complicates matters.

I have to agree with the logic that if it wasn't a problem for her, she'd have thanked you immediately.

There has to be about a week long allowance for an ill-timed event -- I myself have disappeared from my own forum due to internet going down, but I made an effort to contact other staff.

Eventually there comes that point where you accept that she probably got freaked out. Its her loss.