Have I forgotten the feeling?

lifestream

Well, it's been a while since I've felt much for anyone. I had a crush on a girl over the summer, but she was only visiting the country for a while, and I think some of it had to do with the fact that she wasn't from the country.

I'm a bit interested in a girl the club I organized on campus. We don't talk much...but I enjoy her company when we do. We were advertising for an event earlier in the month and it was nothing but easy conversation, joking around and fun. I purposely sat next to her during the talk, where she was cuddling her jacket.

I spoke with her a bit on msn recently and discovered we have a few more things in common, and I find that cool. Some of the things we have in common were so obscure (like a fascination with astrophysics and owning a telesope as a child). I like the fact that she's organized, is involved with the community and keeps up with her studies...

I'm interested, but I don't have any feelings. I used to remember distinctly when I liked a girl that I had some unexplainable feeling, but I don't feel that with this girl. I find her attractive and we have chemistry but...I don't know.

Is there something missing? Maybe I've learned not to have intense crushes?

Advice, opinions?

Thanks!

Maybe, but at the same time I wonder if attraction has to build this time? I think I was way too intense in my last relationship and it was nice while it lasted, but it hurts knowing just how vulnerable I was when I laid it all out there.

Maybe I'm overly cautious this time, or have walls up?

How do others feel about this?

yes, back then i went through stages where i would constantly romanticize about a girl. first one was beginning of High school through start of college. in my free time that's all i would think about: how she looked at me here or there. what our future could be like; the things i would say to her. there were a few more girls after that...maybe 2.

recently i've been emailing a girl and discussing we should meet up. i felt too lazy really to make a drive and visit her but i said i owe to her since we've been discussing it. when i called her to confirm i was a little bit giddy, then it wore off. now i'm just looking forward to meeting and having a good time; nothing more nothing less, no dreams of a romantic future or anything of the sort. so i'll just take the moment for what its worth and we'll see what happens. maybe that's the way its supposed to work.

Yeah, which is what I'm wondering. I wonder if when we listen to our romantic drives, they will slowly wear off and eventually the idealization will be gone.

But at the same time I think relationships aren't about romance and being the knight in shining armor. It's nice to be romantic sometimes, but I think that flaming passion is too extreme of an emotion. Am I right?

I think that being in a relationship means something more akin to a travelling partner. Someone you enjoy spending time with, someone who's time you could enjoy doing life's everyday, mundane things like folding the laundry or something lol.