Salutations.

...Err...

*Scratches back of neck*

...This feels a little awkward to be asking:

What are typically the fairly telltale signs that a young lady is expressing interest in you? I don't have any experience in this area and it's not a field I feel I have a comfortable knowledge base in. I'm 22 and the lady in question is about the same age (24) if demograph is of particular significance?

I want to avoid making large assumptions (particularly given my limited wisdom here) and would hate to think of myself simply being arrogant in this regard, but I have a growing hunch that she's indirectly trying to let me know that she likes me. She's more or less just an aquainted co-worker at the moment, but she appears to make an extra effort to say hello and goodbye to me whenever she passes my desk (I haven't noticed her doing this with any other co-workers, even ones she's friends with outside of work), she walks over to my desk between calls to start conversations without any purpose that I can fathom (for example, the last shift we worked together she stopped by to ask what I thought of the Valentines Day cartoon that another co-worker had drawn on the white board. I hadn't otherwise spoken to her all day. The day prior to that, she stopped at my desk to compliment me on how quiet I usually was. While I appreciated the comment, I also found it a little random and bizzarre), and she has been the initiator in every interaction or discussion we've had thus far (of course, she would've had to have been. I'm too timid to bring conversations to those of the fairer gender).

This might just be me, but I'm pretty certain that I often catch her looking at me while I'm turned-away.

Again, I don't know if this means anything, so I thought I'd ask. What do young ladies often do to imply interest? Am I just looking way too far into these things (I realize there could be any number of reasons for her to randomly start conversations and say hello, and I can't be sure whether this is something she just does to everyone at work - though I haven't myself seen it. The glances might also just be my imagination)? Might it be worth my while to ask her if she wants to do something, or should I probably just leave it be?

Thank-you foryour time.

- Kevin R. Brown

Yeah, the best way is to asking a girl what another girl thinks, hehe.

Well if she makes an effort to talk to you, then she definitely is interested in you in some way, doesn't matter which way. Your relationship is friendly at the moment, so you should make an effort to respond to her goodness for you!

Show her you are nice person, and not only talk to her when she talk to you. can't go to next stage without knowing her better = ) don;t be afraid man, the woman are not scary! hehe.

Run man run, once a woman latches on thwey suck the life out of you.

JUST JOKING ladies dont get to mad at me.

Just ask her out and get to know her. She seems intereted and you might be running out of time here man. so, ask her out and know that if she is going out of her way to make conversation then she is a nice person and will accept and thereforeeee, just by asking her out you have lost nothing and worst case scenario you have gained a friend. Better, yet, best case scenario you have gained your soul mate. It's a win, win situation and they don't come along very often.

Hey Kev -

First off....I don't know that there is a uniform or unanimous (sp?) way women show interest so that part of your question is going to be difficult for anyone to answer.

As for the particular girl in question.....take a deep breath and say hello to her. Take it slowly as you said you're uncomfortable, but just....well.......as Nike would say....JUST DO IT!

Throw caution to the wind.

Take a chance.

I agree with what the guys have said so far.

But here`s one girl`s point of view....

Personally, I find I click with a certain personality, and if a guy has it then I feel comfortable enough to just go up and talk about anything with him, as a friend. Usually if I like a guy before I like him as a friend, I`ll find excuses to go up to him but get lost for words really easily and he`ll have to hold up the conversation.

It depends on body language a lot, but just from what you`ve said, if that was me it sounds more like the former. But I`m only one girl, and either way, she likes you at some level, so I think you should definitely be friendly back (as in a `i feel like going out for lunch - do you want to come?`kind of way)

Well, today was one of those educational days you wish you could live through and then go back to a few days prior.

I believe I managed to squander what might've been an excellent gift by having sat quietly, watched, smiled and done nothing for the length of time thus far granted to me. If intuition serves me as well as it usually does, I believe the wonderful lady has found herself a fortunate companion.

I may look into it tomorrow when we share a longer shift just to be sure.

Wow, I'm so damn awesome.

Good one for trying; that just makes it one step easier next time!

As for this lady, i hope you guys can still be friends (at least for now). I have a few guy friends who I find are really great to just call up or talk to, and I like it that I can be myself around them without the pressure of romance. A little platonic care can mean a whole lot to a girl!