Seriously - is all this really going on?

Actually Steven, I'm well into my forties and still a virgin. Man it's discouraging sometimes! But I never quit trying. Someday I'll figure out a way to meet women and then I can begin finally making up some of the life experiences I've missed. I hope.

Square,

I wish we live in the same city because me and you would be hitting the clubs so you can find a woman.

I've had some pretty...crazy experiences, and I think it becomes more common as time passes because sex is becoming more and more casual these days. And I'm confused...did you say you were thirty-somthing, and a virgin?

steven,

yup ,I agree with you that sex is more casual these days

I'm guilty of all of the above, except the part about the teenage boys. I've never been a teenage boy and I'm not a pedophile so that's out.

Although in my defense I have to say that I also did it all safely and never ended up with an STI or unwanted pregnancy. Never put myself in a compromising situation. Never degraded myself. Wasn't on drugs. Never cheated.

In the end, though, I get much more satisfaction out of being in a loving, committed relationship. The oral sex can factor in there, but the threesomes and moresomes and one night stands don't hold a candle to just feeling safe with someone you love.

To the OP - I would focus more on finding a special lady to play with than all this other freaky stuff.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied. I just mostly post when I'm feeling especially frustrated or discouraged, and all the supportive replies from people who know so much more than I do always give me the encouragement to stay on my feet and keep plodding forward. I just know that someday I'm going to have the ultimate good news to post here, but until then... thanks everybody.

And Somebloke... well, not much... that's my big problem, I don't have any way of meeting women. I work in all-male environments, I'm still a bit embarrassed about going into bars or night clubs, and I don't have a real social life yet. So my current strategy is online dating sites, for the present. Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!! Just have patience. I'll bet your first time will be 100x better than mine! I heard online dating sites work. My father is on one of those, and he says that you meet so many people who you wouldn't otherwise because before you even meet the person you already catch a glimps of their personality.

Do you want to lose it to another virgin or does it matter to you?

Steven - Well, it might be good for me to be with another virgin, but really, I've always been attracted to experienced women.

All through my teens and twenties, I was so bashful that I really needed an aggressive woman to come after me because I couldn't make myself openly pursue them. I spent 20 years waiting for that to happen, and of course it didn't.

I've changed since then; I'm no longer as embarrassed as I used to be. But I still have a special attraction to aggressive women.