addicted to a meth addict

runner919

yup...as the title says im am in love with a meth addict. We are both Christians and we have known eachother for about a year. I really like her and her only thing that anoys me about her is that she is addicted to meth and lies to me about it. I ask her if she stops and she says she has but then her friend tells me that they are both still doing it. She is smart, beautiful and funny (which is the perfect match for me) and it seems like drugs are the only thing that i don't love about her.

i guess what i am trying to get at is this normal? I need some advice. Also, could i get in any legal trouble for dating a meth addict? thanks

normal? no.

wow. you're 15 and want to date a meth addict? Regardless of your age, it would be ridiculous to date someone highly addicted to such a dangerous drug.

Just KNOW you probably won't be able to make her quit. That's a decision she'll have to make on her own.

At your age, youdon't need that added baggage. I know people who have dated drug addicts...it's not pretty. Lots of drama and heartache.

As for the legal trouble, I have no idea.

Ya i see what you are trying to say. Another thing that i forgot to mention is that I used to shoot up meth. I stopped about a year ago but i am still addicted to pain killers. Does this sound hypocritical to ask her to stop? It sounds like it in my mind but im also thinking that i would rather keep her out of jail and even more important, alive.

Trouble for dating a meth addict? I don't think so. But if you were with her when she is using, or is caught possessing the drug when you are with her...possibly. You are only 15.?..do you want to hang around someone who is a negative influence? Guess what, everyone you hang with influences you...no matter what your age. We all should choose to hang with people who make us better people. Your pretty girl...is choosing to do bad things to her body...her teeth will rot out and she will not be so pretty someday...and what other drugs will she try? If you are the same age as my son (15) I would be soooo wary of you having friends like her....

Wow, okay, if you were addicted previously, you're setting yourself up here. The temptation is waayy too strong. I was addicted to painkillers for a while and the only way I was able to wean myself off of them was by staying away from friends who also used them.

I don't think it sounds hypocritical to ask her to stop. You quit. Asking someone to do the same is just being helpful. You're concerned for her health and safety. And, in my opinion, after trying meth once... it's a lot more dangerous than painkillers if that's what you mean by being hypocritical.

Let me add, though... painkillers are still illegal and still addictive and bad for your health. I am in no way saying it's okay to be doing those.

Ya i understand what you guys are getting at but i have no want/need for drug like she does. She understands that i'm past drugs and doesn't offer them to me anymore. I completely understand what you guys are coming from but coming from a hard break up like my last one (She cheated on me and got prego and me and her where never sexually involved.) i guess i just feel really alone. So i probably shouldn't be getting into another relationship but i just want to be with someone i guess.

Well, legal trouble in theory could airse for you simply for being with the drugs someplace, and if you are with her when she has them. You being there is enough to get you incurring legal expenses, i.e. possibly arrested and having your parents come up with bail money and paying a lawyer.

This is not normal. Unless she cleans up her act, she likes her drugs more than you.

So i probably shouldn't be getting into another relationship but i just want to be with someone i guess.

I completely understand this, trust me..i do. BUT, you don't want to settle. The fact that you've posted this topic tells me you're very apprehensive about persuing this relationship. Trust your gut. Is your gut telling you this is a bad idea? I have a feeling it is.

Smart, beautiful and funny?

If she isn't broken off meth, within ONE year, maybe less, she'll be dumb as a post, covered in burns, toothless, diseased and probably hocking everything she has, including herself, just to get her next fix.

You yourself are still an addict, you always will be. But that doesn't mean you can't break free of the PK's. If you actually stopped taking meth, one of the most addictive drugs in the world, you can toss those pills. DO IT!

And if you really like this girl, you'll see to it that she changes her life as well. Get her arrested, lock her up in a remote cabin till she's dry, stand up in church and as the congregation for help, but get her clean before she becomes a bitter old hag at 18!

I completely understand this, trust me..i do. BUT, you don't want to settle. The fact that you've posted this topic tells me you're very apprehensive about persuing this relationship. Trust your gut. Is your gut telling you this is a bad idea? I have a feeling it is.

I agree with this..trust your gut.

I also understand that its hard being alone and nice having someone...but is she 'really' there if drugged out? I've been in relationships where I was more alone w/ someone, than by myself. That sounds odd, but it is true. Not all, but most addicts are empty on some level, if not many levels...so I'm not sure how she can be good for you until she cleans up. If both people aren't on the same page and willing to grow together, then things aren't going anywhere...and don't invest the time/effort/emotion.

Also, could i get in any legal trouble for dating a meth addict? thanks

It's possible to get in trouble if you are in a vehicle together, and the vehicle gets pulled over by the police. If she has drugs hidden in a car you could get charged with possession depending on the location of the drugs and if she would lie to the police and pin it on you instead (it's not rare for an addict to lie to evade getting in trouble).

This girl sounds like bad news. You already said that she lies to you about her use of meth. Why would you want to date a liar?

You also mentioned that you have your own struggles with addiction- so it would be in your best interest to stay away from other addicts.

Forget about her. Focus on you. Does anyone know that you are addicted to pain killers? -You need to seek help before drugs ruin your life,

BellaDonna