I think my BF's new friend is gay and wants him!

well then. it seems you need to look at this situation deeper. how much do you really like this guy versus the time you get to spend. there are other great guys out there with much more time for you. liking a guy because he is good looking and dresses well is one thing. being with someone because they spend time with you and cherish the time they spend and can't stand to be away from you is much different. you need to re-evaluate what you want in a guy.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

I agree 100%

let us know what you decide. you should be unresponsive to him for a while. see if he begins to get jealous and wants to spend time with you. if he doesn't, then you know for sure that you aren't supposed to be with him.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

I think this is more about blowing you off to hang out with friends...that is not cool. If you two make plans to hang out, he should stick to them unless he has a legitimate reasons (hanging out with someone else is a lame excuse). If he continues that behavior, you should reconsider the relationship.

On the issue of whether his friend is trying to steal him away...well fortunately or unfortunately stealing someone away (whether it be romantically or by taking their time away from their significant other) is a two-way street. People don't get "stolen" unless they want to be. And if they want to, well you have your answer as to whether or not its worth it for you to invest in such a relationship.

perhaps your bf is too young to realize what he has got. when i say young i'm not referring to age as in numbers.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

you should be unresponsive to him for a while. see if he begins to get jealous and wants to spend time with you.

I have done that and it works he gets jealous, but as soon as i pay attention to him again he will do the same thing again.....its really yo-yo

well we have been talking and seems like things are a little heated between us. we both agreed to give eachother some room to breathe and cool off, in other words a break. i know many times i wanted a break,or told him that, but in the end didnt taking a break bc that wasnt what i wanted deep down. what i wanted was to fix the problem and in my mind to fix something we need to fix it together, while together. i guess deep down i hate "breaks" bc i think all it is postponing the REAL break up. i have had a past bf and we took breaks, and everyone takes breaks and then they break up. if breaks were so great no one would ever break up for good. well im having hard time he wants a break, im scared to just break up for real. i strongly dont want a break but im willing to consider it bc im hesitant to end things altogether. im just not sure what to do. i dont want a break...from past experiences breaks do not help

i've been seeing my ex for the past month. we broke up, but we used to take breaks all of the time. our relationship is totally cool now. i really don't go and hook up with other chicks and she doesn't see other guys. we still spend some time together and go do things enjoying each other's company. i don't feel tied down, but we have an understanding to not hook up with others.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................