tattoo advice

I just say get anything that appeals to you

Only a handful of people will like your tattoo anyway, seeing as we all have different tastes and things

Personally, I love anything that's a bit different or has meaning

I ahve 8 tatts, 3 of them I regret and I am going to get covered... anyways

My brother is REALLY skinny, he is going to get a picture out of an illistration book we had as kids, its a beutifull old engraving of a knight in full armour standing in this big scroll thing weilding a sword... (it sounds cheesy, but its not)

Just get somthing that YOU like and it wont matter what anyone else thinks... people tell me my tattoos are ugly all the time (I have an alligator from Tintin accross my bum/hip area, its not exactly... normal) but I couldnt give a damn becuase I love them so much

GOOD LUCK

and choose a tattooist with a good reputation

well, just remember, that tattoos might look really different when you are older and have gained some weight... they also can blur over time if not done right, look like an unrecognizable stain.

also remember that if you get them somewhere really noticeable, that you can't hide with clothes, it could affect people's perceptions of you when it comes to things like looking for a job (never on the face/neck unless you are sure you will be rich and never need a white collar job)...

and never with some girl's name, what do you do if she leaves you?

lots of people love their tattoos for a while, then get sick of them, like a piece of jewelry or clothes you can never take off... i think that is why lots of people get them on their backs or bums, if they don't like them, then they don't have to look at them (but of course their significant others do, so please choose carefully, wisely, and SMALL until you are sure it is right for you)...

one can get laser removal later, but painful, expensive, and not always effective.. some colors remove more easily than others, so do some research before you actually get one...

(also potential Hepatitis and other problems, so get a reputable shop with sanitary procedures)...

I'm 6/5 and 195, and last year got a grinning Felix the Cat (below) inked on the side of my right calf. It's one of the coolest things I ever did, because it has meaning to me. Whenever I'm down, I look at it and smile because it represents triumph over trouble. It makes others smile. It cost me $75, was painless and fun to do.

I'd recommend something with a personal meaning, and not a trendy fashion statement.

As far as how it looks when I get old? I'm old already.

image removed

Whatever anyone tells you on here, don't take their advice. Nothing against anyone else that replied to this thread, but this is something that will be permanently etched on your body. You are the only one who can decide for sure what you want.

My girlfriend has a decent number of tattoos. Her rule of thumb is that she has to want it for over a year before getting it done. If she can hold on to an idea and still want it after a year, then she will probably not end up hating it.

I suggest you to wait until you are 21.

That way you'll be able to have 3 years to find a good design.

And 3 years to make an important decision of doing something permanent.

My very good friend has a nice tattoo on his arm which he made when he was 24. He was planning to do it since he was 18, but wanted to be 100% shure about his choice to get one. He wanted to be a little bit older when making that choice. Plus, he spent two years to find and to design a good tattoo.

I think that was mature approach.

As everyone else has said, get something meaningful. Any ideas of whereabouts you want it?

My ex is tall (6'3) and skinny (160) and he was obsessed with nintendo when he was younger (okay, he still is!) and he got a mario character on his calf.. it's soo cool. It's one of those flower-chomping things looking like it's going to eat one of those penis-mushroom guys