Definition of Causual Dating

Can someone please tell me what they think the definiton of casual dating is? My ex and I recently started dating again and according to her defintion we were casual dating although we agreed not to see anyone else during this time. I am not really sure what that means because she only wants to see each other maybe one night a week and we might exchange a few emails here and there during the week. We usually plan on seeing each other on a Friday or Saturday which usually entails dinner and maybe some drinks. I want more but she still wants her space and wants to be on her own so I was going along with this. After thinking about it I told her I felt everything was to planned out and didn't feel natural. She has no problem hanging out with her other friends but when it comes to me she keeps me at a distance. I confronted her about the situation and she said that if we talk to much or spend to much time together it blurs her line of vision since she wants to still have her freedom. We used to do alot of things together before we broke up the first time and now it is hard for me to slow down to this snails pace. I can see having her freedom but she doesn't suggest anything when it comes to us. Everything is pretty regimented (due to her). I usually ask her if she wants to do something or hang out. I also felt she was stringing me along because she feels comfortable with me and can't seem to make up her mind as to what she wants in life. She says she might want to date other guys later on but doesn't want to right now. Long story short I feel I deserve more than just a few hours on the weekend so I ended things with her since she was not willing to compromise. Everything seems to be all about her right now and I just feel I am not getting my needs met. Sorry if I got off the original topic but is what we were doing actually casual dating?

I dont see a point in what you are doing. It sounds like you are just abiding by her rules. I say that you need to walk for the simple fact that you are not getting what you want from her. She is unsure what she wants and you know exactly what you want. Move on from this and learn a big lesson from this.

You are absolutely right Day Walker. I am abiding by her rules with her not wiling to bend at all. She has even told me she wants her cake and eat it to. I think inmates have more contact with the people they care about. I guess I just finally realized how selfish she is being and it is making me feel very resentful. She says she doesn't want to have any regrets before she gets back into a commited relationship but I think the only regret she is going to have it losing me. Thanks Day Walker for seeing my point of view.

To me casual dating is when two people see each other about once or twice a week, they are allowed to see other people and they don't really do couple things like meeting each other's families, or running errands together, etc. I think it is hard to go back to casual dating from a serious relationship unless both people are on the same page about it.