Hmmmmm

Melis

Hey guys! OK if you have read my previous posts you will know that me and the guy im currently dating have been together for a little over 2 years, but have major trust issues. Well atleast on my part! He cheated on me a little over a year ago, and Ive spent everyday since trying to rebuild that trust. Anyway, Ive decided to just take a step back for a little while. Ive stopped calling/texting him. I dont make the effort I used to! Since Ive been doing that he calls and texts all day long, well until today. Normally by now he would have text or called, and he hasn't. I know its probably not a big deal, but Im trying everything not to contact him. Ive been doing so well, and hes been so sweet, I guess because my lack of effort has done something to him. I dont want to call, and have the ball end up back in his court. I leave work in an hour...not sure what to do???

And I called....kinda mad at myself now! He wasn't doing anything. This is the part the sucks for me, I could have stuck to my plan of letting him make all the effort, but when I dont hear from him, I let my mind wonder and I imagine hes with someone else. I guess that happens when your cheated on! Well back to my orginal plan....he said give me a call after bit....should I just wait until he calls me??

He cheated on you over a year ago. If you can't learn to trust him, then there is no point to the relationship. Playing games by not calling him just so he can call you, will eventually backfire. He will get fed up always calling you and you not reciprocating. It is like you are still trying to punish him for cheating. Do you have any reason to believe he is cheating...other than your own insecurities? If you can't forgive and let it go, your relationship will be doomed.

He cheated on you over a year ago. If you can't learn to trust him, then there is no point to the relationship. Playing games by not calling him just so he can call you, will eventually backfire. He will get fed up always calling you and you not reciprocating. It is like you are still trying to punish him for cheating. Do you have any reason to believe he is cheating...other than your own insecurities? If you can't forgive and let it go, your relationship will be doomed.

Agreed. Either put your all into the relationship, or let it go and just end things. Dont do it half way.

Well forget everything! I broke up with him tonight, actually about 20 min ago....I found out he kissed another girl at midnight on new years. He acted like it was no big deal, but to me it was. I didn't kiss anyone, just wished he was with me....guess he was thinking the same!

I am so sorry to hear that. It sounds like he is not a very faithful person. He should not have kissed anyone on New Year's Eve. Yes, it is a big deal, and the fact that he doesn't seem to understand your feelings, says a lot. I can't imagine he would be too thrilled if it was you kissing someone on New Year's Eve. Just hang in there, I know things are rough but you will get through it.

ok so last night my ex text me, saying "we need to have a BIG talk." I said "about?" and he texted back "us, you and me." That was at midnight last night and then I got a text today from him checking on how my first day at my new job was going....Any ideas why he would be doing this? Last night I ended things, and gave him exactly what he had asked for!