THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

Keep thinking of how my ex WANTS me out of his life right now. He told me last week that I was his best friend and that the loved me so deeply (just not in the gf way at the moment)... and now he seems to agree NC is the only way to go... I wonder if he misses me at all! =[ He's probably relieved I'm gone.

Thats almost identical to what happened to me

I keep thinking about what happened that I mean so little to her now she doesnt even want me in her life...and I keep thinking that how she wont even care Ive gone NC as she'd never contact me anyway. Really gets me down.

Guess the only positive light we can go on, is that theres no point being friends with people who dont appreciate you/treat you badly. Friends dont do that.

I think this is Day 3...feels like longer. Still NC though with no real desire to break it...just feel alone. And my phone is so quiet...it would usually be beeping all day, but Ive only had a handful of texts since monday.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil girl, I hate to be the bearer of bad news..

But in order to heal faster...you need to stop using terminology like " What we have is so special ". I know what im saying might come accross harsh and hurtful..

But if he has said " Im not in love with you, like that " or anyway he has said it and said " OK, NC is the way to go " he clearly doesnt feel the same way...

He has sat there and told you to your face, he is quite happy to not speak to you any more...

It may be hard to stomach, but thats the reality of your situation, dont buy into any rubbish he said. If he is content with not seeing you..then there is no " special " thing between you..

GMB X

GMB - I would agree on normal terms, but my situation is MORE messed up. Did you read my post?

I dumped him 1 year ago and made him suffer for 6 months... then he met someone, I flipped, he dumped her, got back with me, and now we had a fight and that's where we stand.

But yes, I understand and I will stomach what you told me. As much as it hurts!!

I want to do NC.

We broke up our LDR today.

Because he said the distance made him not love me anymore.

I know he never did, but it still hurts.

You know he never loved you? Did you love him?

LDRs are hard, but they shouldnt make someone feel any less about someone though.

I want to do NC.

We broke up our LDR today.

Because he said the distance made him not love me anymore.

I know he never did, but it still hurts.

Welcome to the club, PurpleMonkey. I'm on Day 25 and things are really starting to look brighter. I've become really excited about working out a lot and getting back into shape. Also, I've promised myself to start studying harder at work to become a better lawyer.

If she ever decides to come back to me, I'll be a better man. Also, I'll be in a better state of mind as to whether our relationship is right for me.

Day 9!

Its her birthday today! But I was strong and fought off all urges to contact her in any way! Didn't get a text thanking me for the card I gave her a few weeks ago, but I didn't expect it.

Anyways, its been an okay day, only bad things are the waking up in the morning, and going to sleep at night thinking of her.

But overall im feeling much better than I was feeling this time last week. LC was doing me no good!

Hope you are all being strong!! x

itz my 3rd day of NC... 18th feb is her b-day...dunno wat to do !!!! saw her online yesterday.. i resisted my urge somehow!!!

Try your best not to contact her, or if you really have to, avoid all speaking terms and just maybe send her a b'day card in the post.

Just don't get your hopes up of getting a thank-you or reply!

Day 9!

Its her birthday today! But I was strong and fought off all urges to contact her in any way! Didn't get a text thanking me for the card I gave her a few weeks ago, but I didn't expect it.

Anyways, its been an okay day, only bad things are the waking up in the morning, and going to sleep at night thinking of her.

But overall im feeling much better than I was feeling this time last week. LC was doing me no good!

Hope you are all being strong!! x

good job, wiley.

my ex's bday is coming up in just two days (friday)..

i'm nervous just thinking about how i'm gonna handle that.

especially since he's still home on leave, that makes it even harder.

if he was back in cali at the naval base, i wouldnt be as tempted to break NC.

i might not even go out that night,for the simple fact that i'm afraid i might see him out

anyway...

today is day 4 for me. (day 4 is usually when i end up breaking down and trying to contact him. so i'm trying my hardest to not do that, this time.)

i never knew it'd be this hard. how can you go from talking to one person every single day for the past three years of your life, to complete NC.

he was such a big part of my life. not only my man but also a best friend at the same time.

i'm so lonely without him.

Try your best not to contact her, or if you really have to, avoid all speaking terms and just maybe send her a b'day card in the post.

Just don't get your hopes up of getting a thank-you or reply!

yah i wl do tht... i hav no expectation to be honest...

I am joining the Challenge. I have been broken up with my ex since jan.01, and finally left him alone Jan. 23. he's moved on and doesn't have the same feelings for me anymore. I broke up with him, but he's not taking me back. He said he is interested in dating right now. I am really hurt, feeling guilty, but I need to move on. I can't eat, sleep, concentrate, I feel bad. Wonder if this no contact will work.

I am joining the Challenge. I have been broken up with my ex since jan.01, and finally left him alone Jan. 23. he's moved on and doesn't have the same feelings for me anymore. I broke up with him, but he's not taking me back. He said he is interested in dating right now. I am really hurt, feeling guilty, but I need to move on. I can't eat, sleep, concentrate, I feel bad. Wonder if this no contact will work.

Sunkist-

We've been there, it sucks so bad!! NC is the best way to feel better faster... Also when you're in this state any contact you have with him is going to drive him even farther away. Stay strong, and write here whenever it's too much,

-K

I am looking for him to take me back, but I don't think so. He said he's been so happy for me, but I have communiation issues, i dont listen, blah blah... Im hoping he'll reconsider bc I can change... I just wasn't that serious with him before... to even try to change... Im hurting alot, I think 80% of the breakup was my fault. he's been the most perfect bf to me... im going through all this pain + the feeling of guilt. It's going to take me so long to get over this... the worst part of it is around 2:30am - 5am, I wake up feeling so much pain in my chest, and I wake up with a puffy eye, I am guessing that I've been crying so much. Do you think our exes miss us or are they like whatever?

I think today has been more lonely than others today because Ive had a short day of college and have hardly seen any of my friends and have had time to think about things...which is always bad.

Am feeling so down though...its times when I havnt spoken to many people I realise how nice it is to always have someone there...eugh...I definitely need to go to bed. Am sure I feel better in the morning.

Hang in there Parlae...things will get better...just keep busy. And Im going to ignore valentines day..either that or break down and get depressed.

I am looking for him to take me back, but I don't think so. He said he's been so happy for me, but I have communiation issues, i dont listen, blah blah... Im hoping he'll reconsider bc I can change... I just wasn't that serious with him before... to even try to change... Im hurting alot, I think 80% of the breakup was my fault. he's been the most perfect bf to me... im going through all this pain + the feeling of guilt. It's going to take me so long to get over this... the worst part of it is around 2:30am - 5am, I wake up feeling so much pain in my chest, and I wake up with a puffy eye, I am guessing that I've been crying so much. Do you think our exes miss us or are they like whatever?

i'm hoping mine will take me back too.

i wish you all the luck with it.

and if you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm here. because i'm goin thru it too.

i wonder the same thing about our exes (if they miss us or not)

and i honestly don't know the answer.

i hope they do.

I also feel like I won't ever speak to my ex again because he will never contact me. I also feel like now I'm giving him space to fall for the new girl. It's going to be a tough month.

i feel the same, brazilgirl.

even though i'm tryin not to have that negative mindframe, i just cant help it at times.

i keep thinking... "i'm gonna do this NC thing for a month, and i bet he still wont even try to contact me"

and i also agree about what you said about 'giving him space to fall for the new girl'

i'm so afraid that's what is gonna happen. but from what i know of her,she's not the "long-term relationship" kind of girl, ya know what i mean?

so i'm trying to keep that in mind. but ya never know...

ugh this is all so frustrating ](*,)