THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

You are right hun, if they dont come back they are not worth it and they never loved us truly enoguh. In regards to letting him you know want him back. In your heart of hearts do you think he already knows this? If not, then by all means call him back before setting yourself on the strictest mother of all NC today. I had to call back a couple of times to get it straight and each time he sounded completely dumbfounded as if he thought I was calling back to change my mind! lol.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right hun, if they dont come back they are not worth it and they never loved us truly enoguh. In regards to letting him you know want him back. In your heart of hearts do you think he already knows this? If not, then by all means call him back before setting yourself on the strictest mother of all NC today. I had to call back a couple of times to get it straight and each time he sounded completely dumbfounded as if he thought I was calling back to change my mind! lol.

I dunno, I'm not sure...I'm still debating it. Hm. I just don't want to do anything rash that is based on my heart and not my head.

just thought I'd check in since its been a little.

its been over 2 months since I left for my own healing.

during this 2 months I've only talked over the phone 2 times, exchanged maybe 4 emails.

last contact was by email approx a week ago, me sending my new address so my stuff can finally be shipped to me.

well the days before and since then I have seem to fallen back into a bad feeling constantly. the anxiety and tightness in my chest is back. I'm not sure where its coming from. i'm guessing that I have a new place that is empty and I feel very very alone now. I know part of it is that I was pretty much forced into this because of her!

anyways. now I feel some anxiety about waiting for my stuff, also what stuff I will receive that was "our" stuff... and any of that stuff like pictures of us, photo albums, or anything like that. also the memories associated with all my stuff.. also having to buy all new stuff, all that stuff I never thought I'd have to buy again in my life.

recently I noticed the ex signing on to gtalk, something she hasnt done in over a year.

it was really uncomfortable seeing her online but not talking to her. today she signed on for like 10 seconds then back offline.

well thats all for now.

keep busy because idol time is the devil.

Typical! So I go to the shop just accross the street to buy some soda. I'm innocently minding my own business. One of my best friends work behind the til and she was there. She kept signiling something, but I had no idea what she was tryna say. I went upto her and in the line right near me was this guy who works in a fast food joint right by me. Me and my ex and our friends used to get food from there most saturday nights. I thought it must be him she was signiling me about because I knew she knew him, we had a convo about him just this weekend! And I;m like "ooh! I know you" and I turn around and there is ex's friend. Who hates me. He has issues with me because he felt threatend by our relationship and like I was "taking him away" and I was like sh!t what if the ex is waiting outside for him. I didn't know what to say and it just came out, "Oh I know you too!!!" he justy kinda smirked. Then there was silence, he got his stuff and went, and said bye. I said "see you later" It was all like a shock, haven't seen him since the break-up and I was just waiting for my ex to come in...but I didn't see him. lol, I guess he'll tell my ex he saw me...

Yeah, it was kinda weird. Was a shock, and what are the chances of two of his friends being within like 3 steps of me!!! And then I had to walk past my old local pub, where I met my ex and we used to hang out in mos nights. I just didn't even look in there or at there! I just turned my head the other way!

Yeah, it was kinda weird. Was a shock, and what are the chances of two of his friends being within like 3 steps of me!!! And then I had to walk past my old local pub, where I met my ex and we used to hang out in mos nights. I just didn't even look in there or at there! I just turned my head the other way!

EEK, I am so glad I dont have to go through all of that as well as the current heartache must make you feel like your constantly looking over your freaking shoulder. My ex lives an hour away, so the chances of him being down my neck of woods is very unlikely. Oh well, walk with your head held high girl! x

So I jumped off the wagon today... made it 5 weeks. I sent her a short email that basically said I was thinking about her and hoped that everything with grad school was going good for her. A few hours later she responded nicely but I think it was just out of courtesy.

I'm not sure what I want to do from this point. I'm thinking LC where if she contacts me I will respond but I don't want to be the one to contact her.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed at the short response, but I'm not devastated or anything. I re-opened the doors of communication... if she's interested then she will keep them open.

So i have a ?...why if you are the dumper would you "check" up on the person you left? my ex keeps logging on to my profile to see what I"m doing....I know I shouldn't read into it but really why would you do that?

Because they are not over us. My ex kept logging on to my facebook and reading my conversations on my wall and reporting back to me about it ( I know cheeky as hell ) So i deactivated it. I have officially dropped off the face off the earth lol.

I know that very well. I am glad I dropped off myspace, it would hurt too much to see her status and her comments, I'm glad I just don't know!

I still check CL though, we reconnected through a missed connection on there, even though I am so much happier without her (for real this time), I still look relentlessly. I need to break that addiction!

if he doens't want to be with me and "doesn't care about me" then why in the heck would you want to check up on me...I SERIOUSLY don't understand my situation sometimes it makes me cry, some times it makes me MAD, some times it makes me laugh because he is seriosly being dumb.

Yeah I know how you feel sometimes when you feel like this its best to just make it as simple as possible. He doesnt want to be with you, and he is not giving you what you want! thereforeeee, concentrate on you!. Easier said than done but there will be a time when the constant psychological movie playing will run its course!

wheN I'm feeling bad I listen to 2 songs...one makes me sad the other one makes me feel good lol i'll post the lyrics

Sad

THE EASY PART

SOMETIMES LOVE JUST AIN’T ENOUGH

AND THERE’S TIMES JUST GIVING UP IS ALRIGHT

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO WORK, SOMEONE’S GONNA GETS HURT

SOMETIMES IT AIN’T ABOUT WHO’S WRONG

AND AS BAD AS YOU WANT TO HOLD ON

THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS TO GET OUT RIGHT NOW

BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE

CHORUS

THE HARDEST PART OF LEAVING IS PICKING UP THE KEYS AND

FINDING THE NERVE TO START THAT CAR

THE FIRST NIGHT IS THE LONGEST

YOU’RE WAKING UP ALONE

AND YOU FIND OUT HOW STRONG YOU REALLY ARE

THE REST IS THE EASY PART

BEFORE LONG THE PHONE’S GONNA RING AND YOU’LL WANT

TO ANSWER HIS CALL BUT GIRL DON’T

HAVE THE SAME CONVERSATION OVER AND OVER

JUST LET IT BE OVER

REPEAT CHORUS

THERE’S AN OPEN ROAD, THERE’S A LIFE AHEAD

EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN’T SEE IT YET

JUST TAKE A CHANCE......

PICK UP YOUR KEYS, FIND THE NERVE

YEAH START YOUR CAR, THE REST IS THE EASY PART

and for the good one

SHE’S GONNA HURT SOMEBODY

SHE STEPPIN' ON THE GAS, GOING TOO FAST

DRIVING WITH HER KNEE

TRUCKER SCREAMIN’ “BABY PICK A LANE,

YOU’RE GONNA HURT SOMEBODY”

GOT THE MIRROR SIDEWAYS, PUTTIN’ ON HER FACE

NO MORE CRYIN’, ALL SHE’S THINKIN’ ABOUT IS SWEET REVENGE

SOME FOOL WENT AND BROKE HER HEART

BAD MOVE!

CHORUS

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY THAT WINDS UP IN HER ARMS

HE’S GONNA WAKE UP WONDERIN’ WHAT TRAIN JUST RAN OVER HIS HEART

WITH THAT LITTLE BLACK DRESS, THOSE LAVA RED LIPS

AIN’T BUT ONE THING ON HER MIND

SHE WALKS INTO THE BAR, EVEN IN THE DARK

YOU CAN SEE IT IN HER EYES, EVERYBODY WHISPERS “GIVE HER ROOM”

SHE HEADS UP TO THE BAND, NAPKIN IN HER HAND, MAKING HER REQUEST

“HEY BUDDY WON’T YOU PLAY THAT SONG”

SOME FOOL JUST ASKED HER TO DANCE

BAD MOVE!

Day 6!

I must admit, despite missing and loving the ex...I feel a lot more in control with the whole NC thing. I went a whole month before, so I know I can do it for a reasonable time! It's just about not giving in to that desire, that emotion, right away. Really think about if it's what you want, and if it's a good idea. 9 times out of 10 it's not gonna be. I am debating contacting the ex again, but this time I am able to put those desires on hold, say "hey wait a minute, let's just sleep on this....see what happens" It's powerful stuff! I'm rooting for all my NC friends. I'm proud of you and I have faith that you can do it! And it's just that more satisfying and encouraging that your ex is 99.99% likely to be shocked by your sudden depature! If you're anything like me your ex is gonna expect you to be contacting all the time, and beggin'...well guess what buddy, we are not! Because we are stronger than that, we are not needy, and we do not NEED you in our lives! Who's with me?

Day 1

Well it's 11:40pm but i'm sure i'll make it haha. I will have to talk to her later this week though, she's taking the(our?) puppy home with her this weekend. This is more of a give her a little space. We are on good terms. Just don't want to screw it up, the more space I give the better.

Day 2 today, felt sick when I woke up. Last words were " dont contact me unless you want to be with me"

When I was younger, I had dreamt that the man for me would love me forever and never leave me. Fairytale I guess but I think if someone truly loves you they work through any problems you may have.

My ex's actions are not what I had in mind for the " one ".

I know he doesnt love me his actions are speaking loud and clear and thats what hurts.