Left For Someone Else

Well, I think I have figured it out aand my ex of 5.5 years and three months from a wedding with me left me for a guy at her job and hid it by blaming a dumb fight on me as her reason for leaving. She was viciously angry towards me for months after breaking up. But now after six months, I am pretty clear that she had someone else in the wings and she is now in a relationship for about 4-5 months. It hurts much worse to know she blamed everything conveniently on me, when in reality she wanted an excuse to get out and then masked her part in ending it, by making me feel like I caused all the damage. What a nightmare. I hope her new romance fails and she'll see that I wasn't the problem aat all and that jumping into to something new after a long-term relationship usually fails.

Any comments?

Prober,

So sorry to hear about what you've had to to endure. I know the pain. It sucks so much.

I think her new relationship will fail, big time, and she'll probably learn a hard lesson. Meanwhile you'll move on from this, grow, become a better person, and eventually end up with someone who is worthy of you.

You'll be happy, and she'll be miserable.

Thanks Lost:

It does really set me back a bit to know this has happened. I know sometimes these rebounds have long-term relationships and I sincerely hope that it will not work so she can see that she had a good guy in me and that the grass is not always as green as it looks on the other side.

Sounds like a case of cold feet. Some of my friends have done this. Agreed to get married, and then go through periods of doubt and anxiety.

In my experience, sometimes the rebounds do last, but the guy she's with now will always wonder if she's going to do the same thing to him.

The trick is to get yourself back to a place where you can fully trust someone again to be with you for the long-haul.

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.