Where do you see yourself in five years? Where would you like to be?

Kevin T

It's a question I often think about. Have any of you ever thought about this? Where would you like to be in five years from now? What would change in your life? What would stay the same?

Sure, we don't know the future, but we can have ideals and goals of what we'd like to transpire. Also, we can compare that with what we actually think will happen.

So, what do you think? Any ideas or thoughts?

The thought of this scares me. In five years I'll be turning 30. It seems like by then I should have my life together, but from the way things are now...I don't think I'll have that.

Oh well...I hope that I'll have a real job that has benefits, my own place, a solid group of friends that I can go out drinking with and I'd love to be married or at least in a relationship that would lead to that.

I'm still trying to recover from what happened to me this year... Starting with getting my memory back, and writing a book, starting running again, quitting smoking, changing so much about my life... I honestly can't even imagine where I'll be in five years' time. I used to be all about the long-term plans, but it seems I have alot to focus on right now.

Tentatively, I'm going to try to go in the direction that feels right for me in the next year, and rely more on my intuitive sense about things, rather than just doing the logical right thing to do. My intuition has been leading me in good directions for awhile now.

Well, depending on which college I choose to go to at the end of this school year... I hope to be graduating from college, or already having been graduated, and working on my master's for a year.

I'll be studying Education, specifically Secondary English. I'm not good at math, I don't like Science, and History is cool, but not for me.

I also want to be having my one-year anniversary of marriage to my high school sweetheart, and planning a child, as well as working on the blueprints of the reconstruction of my home.

Life is so good right now. I just wish it would last.

Hi,

Good topic Kevin T. This reminds me of when I was "younger" (I'm 25), and where I thought I would be at 25 - married, in a house somewhere in the burbs, stable job, etc. Odd how life has taken me through ups and downs, and twists and turns since I thought that as a late teenager, but to a place I am at today which is not bad by any means, but just different from the life I envisioned years ago. I work in the loop of Chicago as a professional (did not ever plan on having a professional job when growing up), and I live in a condo downtown (so much for the burbs theory). I still plan on living in the suburbs when I meet the right person and it's time to "settle-down," but who knows where I'll be.

5 years from today...I'd like to build upon my success of the last year, and develop in other areas as well. I'd like to continue to grow in my career, and continue to save and invest. I'd like to be wrapping up a graduate program in about 5 years as well. I hope to have a decent amount of experience and tools to consider opening up a business or couple of businesses. I do want to teach when I'm older and perhaps I can begin to explore part-time or adjunct positions around that time as well. I'd also like to remain physically fit and continue to exercise and eat healthy. I've considered mastering a musical instrument as well. Perhaps I should lay low on some of my ambition, and devote some time to finding my life partner?

I like to plan. I think it's good to plan, however, I also believe in the old saying, "If you want to make God laugh, then tell him your plans."

I hope to finish my CFA.

Which level are you on?I just took level one on 12/2. I put in well over 250 hours of study time, yet there were quite a few questions I read and was like "...ugh..."

Do you work in the industry as well, or are you hopng to break into it with the charter?

I see myself having a stable job...most prolly working at a hospital, or perhaps still at a uni studying to become a surgeon , and at the same time, trying to create music with my bro.

id also like to have a bach somewhere in south island, new zealand, where all the adventure's at!

id also like to see mum happier by that time...i'm always working on that.

OK, in 5 years I´ll STILL be in my 20's, so that´s pretty good I think, yipee!!!

Where would you like to be in five years from now?

I´d like to be established in the 1st world. America, Europe, whatever as long as it´s 1st class.

What would change in your life?

I´d be finally independent. As in, I´m supporting my own self with my own resources. No more Mr. Nice Guy giving me money and assistance and thereforeeee owing him excuses and explanations (grrrr)

What would stay the same?

Errrmm, nothing! I wan´t an extreme life make over if possible! I wanna be a bigger, better, faster, stronger version of myself, but I don´t wanna stay exactly the same.