8 and a half months long distance emailing

Hi,

I am a 22 yrs old student currently concentrating on my career. I met my boyfriend during Feb 2006 and we become friends back home in our country. When I went overseas for studies we start emailing each other alot and talked about sex, problems and joke around alot. I am supposed not to fall in love with him as I am a person who cannot handle my studies and being in Love. If I fall in love this would mean I will make emotional decisions and wanting to be with him quickly. Well...last month (Nov 2006) he said he wants to start a family with me which makes me even scared as I am not sure because my plans haven't reached that point yet. These are my following problems:

- he is 6 years older than me so I think he would have short term plans while I have long term plans and this would not match.

-I am planning to stay overseas for 7 more years to continue my career so this would become a problem for him and me in the long term... I guess.

-I emailed him for months now but I feel like I still do not know him well but I only know I am so in love with him.

-I am not sure if this is my last chance because what if I turn 30 or so and regret what I have done.

-Should I tell him to wait? should I say yes?Should I ask for his plans?

An advice here would so much be helpful.

Thank you