The direct approach?

dil

oh, talk to other guys. Actually go to a philosophy club meeting instead of being too shy to go even though I paid for the membership.

I'm afraid of going alone.

I got the email of this cute guy in my english discussion group, we actually had pretty good conversation, he didn't give me any condescending lectures or snobbishly sneered down upon my geeky habits, so I think that's a good sign.

I should cut my losses. The other guy was a fricken' impressive genius with amazing abilities, and was fit, and tall and everything I could have wished for. but he was a rich snobbish jerk. So I'll cut my losses.

I worked at mcdonalds for a year, and I told him that and I wouldn't mind him laughing at me, I laugh at me all the time. I said jokingly that people would think I was an idiot just because I worked there.

Him wouldn't even tell people that, or admit I even worked there ever, could you blame the people for thinking that?"

But I got that instead.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is, he's a real ladies man, charming as heck when he wants to be.

Well, I have to admit I'm getting flashes of violence just behind my eyes.

Oh well, time to brag to help myself feel better....it's funny, I totally crashed and burned last night with my thread 'i'm an utter failure'

and I was happy/confident/bragging on this thread not too long ago..

Yeah.

artist, poet, writer, science kid. full-time procrastinator/avoider, philosopher

Well, I guess bragging is better than cutting.

Try not to worry about it so much. Things will turn out OK. Be positive - by all means keep the angst - but channel it more into your individuality and uniqueness; just let people know the lovely person that you are

"A faithful heart makes wishes come true"

HOGWASH!!!!!!

If you are confident and self-assured, or even if you aren't, the direct approach is always the best way to go. Believe it or not, people DO NOT like to be manipulated and mentally messed with.

Mind games are fun when they are consensual, other than that they're just plain mean, or a complete waste of time.

Thank you very much, I was beginning to think I was the only one who despises head games.

dil,

There's no simple answer to dating and everything to do with relationships. There are plenty of sources that can help you learn how people interact. After plenty of years of having some success and some failure, I immersed myself in reading things about what we do and tried to figure some things out. I think I did, and since then, I've had some success. When I joined this sight, the relationship I was in was not in great shape. It ended. That ending did not hurt so much, but I had a lot of anger. Other ones hurt. Almost all of them I learned from. But I also learned a lot when I sat down and read things and they made sense. I woudl read and think abotu what I saw and what people really did and then put the good information into a what I see as a kind of puzzle.

If you really want to figure out how we work, I suggest you try the same. Your puzzle will probably end up fitting together different than mine, but instead of wondering about things for as long as I did, you might get it together sooner.

yeah, I guess I'm not really one for mind games, but I think he was the one playing mind games on me.

No matter, I have my msn avatar as my ex-bf's back with an intricate tattoo design on it and in my name I've mentioned interest in going back to him because I love his back (I have several emails and my ex isn't on this one). But I don't think I do want to go back to my ex, just perhaps, creating jealousy. I only have one ex.

That's me playing mind games. I'm not very good at it.

I have a problem with fixation, I shouldn't get attached to someone I barely know that well. Attempting to fix the problem.

I don't even know what his problem is, the guy I'm kinda interested in now, he has PMS or something. Sometimes he'll be all friendly and smile and ask me how I am. And other times he's brooding or just ignoring me for no reason.

Sometimes he'll be all friendly and smile and ask me how I am. And other times he's brooding or just ignoring me for no reason.

As far as mind games, if you are going to play them, and you should to a small extent, be subtle.

Everyone's emotions go up and down. Everyone has bits of doubt in their mind. No matter how long you have been with someone and how constant and loyal they have been, you will from time to time doubt how they feel. There will be times when they pay attention and times when they do not. I think one of the worse things people do for their relationships is try to prop up other peoples downs or expect others to prop up their downs. Let the downs happen, be aware of when you can help, but don't try to cure them. At times when someone seems like they do not want to pay attention to you, you should for the most part act as if you are just fine with that and not seek there attention. If you try to give attention when it is not wanted, it will be a longer period of time until it is wanted. Let people miss you, instead of rejecting them. Be subtle. Does that make sense?