Confessions of a broken man~

I just came to the realization that I will never be happy with anything I ever have. Girls are what I'm thinking of at the moment..... perhaps this applies to other areas of my life, I'm not sure.

Back on topic: I feel like I will never find anyone that I truly care about, and have it LAST. For me, every girl is just a phase, and than when that phase has passed, I move on, and try to fill the void with someone else.... However, looking back, I feel like I've totally screwed myself over by passing up some of the greatest girls I have ever met.... and for what? Do I really think there is something so much better out there? Why can't I ever be happy with what I have?

Currently, there is a girl, that I just started getting involved with, and its been steadily progressing over the past few months, and I know that I'm just going to end up breaking her heart like I do every girl I get involved with...... What if I'm never happy and I just end up settling when I reach a point where I don't think I can find anyone else?!?](*,)

I hope this doesn't sound condescending, because it's meant respectfully.

You're 20 years old!

There's so much that'll happen in the next five years that will change your outlook. You just arrived on the scene as an adult, but there's a definate learning curve about finding happiness with another person.

I don't mean to sound negative, but the best part of your life is on its way. Don't be cynical about finding a Big Relationship, or you might mess it up before it takes flight.

You have a lot of time ahead of you, and having it all at 20 rarely happens. You need to explore and feel things to learn what turns you on.

It'll happen.

While it may be that you have not found the one yet, it may also be that you are simply not ready to find the one. Yes, you passed on great women. So did I, until my late 30s. I regretted for a long time not moving on on a wonderful woman who became enaged in 2002, and she could have been mine. I was not ready. But now, I found someone I love, and that regret is all gone.

Nothing in this universe can bring you happyness exept loving and helping other people. This because the meaning of life is to love and help others, currently you are your own worst enemy when it comes to relationships. You have to 'allow' a woman in your life, not so that she can make you happy, rather to understand that the happyness is in the giving ,rather then the receiving part. You see the universe acts like a mirror what you put into it will be reflected back at you, if you put love and light into the lives of the people that you meet in your life on a constant basis, that love and happyness will be reflected back in your life.

I would argue that you are 20 years old and you shouldnt be worried about finding "the one" because the truth is that "the one" does not exist, when you are at the point in our life when you are ready to settle down, you will meet a girl that fits into your life, who you get along with but she wont be everything you are looking for but she will be close, then you will get the feeling that she is "the one" but that is not true because there is never just one, there are many girls that you will get along with in the course of your life. It is more so about timing than the girl, if you both are ready for something (aka marriage) then it will work out there way. "The One" implies that there will only be one and there is no way to know for sure who that will be, all you can do is make smart choices concerning the person you marry and thats it.

At 20 years old, I had no idea what I wanted in a woman. At 28, I'm beginning to get some ideas of what I want and admittedly, I've met some respectable ones.

In many ways, I can relate to how you feel because I always feel there will be someone better for me. It's okay to feel this way because in reality there always will be someone you desire more than someone else. Eventually, it will come down to you saying, "here I have a woman who is mostly my ideal, we get along, and I can appreciate what we have." You might not realize this until you've been with dozens of women but that's okay. That's called a learning experience. Nothing wrong with that.

I was told this at 11 years old by my step-father "Day_Walker, there is always a BBD (Bigger and Better Deal)" of course my step father was not referring to women but it can be easily applied to them. The trick with relationships is to be happy with what you have instead of what you dont have. Once you have mastered that then you will be ready for marriage.

I have gone through a lot of jerks and I was sick and tired of dealing with every one of them. I always thought they were perhaps "the one." They ended up being just one jerk.

This is why I was happy being single. I didn't have to deal with all this drama in my life. I knew God was going to bring me that man.

You've got your whole life ahead of you. You should really start worrying about this when you're 30-40 years old.

But either way.... God has a plan for you. He will bring you the one in His time. You just have to have faith in Him.

It's so ironic how society encourages girls to be selective and only date a few men, while men are encourage in just the opposite direction: "You might not realize this until you've been with dozens of women but that's okay."

No wonder we have so many single mothers and STDs out there.

Yeah.. and be sure when you are "with" all those dozens of women you do use some form of birth control and protection please!