No Girlfriend

gydiwon

when i read this it just seems like you're trying too hard. you sound very insecure of yourself and very down. life is very much like the sea. if you just go with the flow you will find someone. sometimes people dont realise it but just like films the person is right in front of them. a friend. a classmate. just someone who you've never realised was great.

i think you should find out who you are and stop trying to fall into line with the western ideal of finding someone because its what people do. its not. its something that happens along the way. i wouldnt worry one bit. just enjoy life and someone will come along

hooch is right, you are trying WAY too hard buddy. I wouldn't say sit back and do nothing, but don't bust your head open trying to figure it out either.

Just act like yourself, don't dress up fancy, don't waste money on professional photos, just simply keep looking and you'll eventually find, just be more patient.

if you are in san diego, there are plenty of universities nearby (if you are not in school yourself). many of them have outdoors clubs that you may be able to join even if you are not a student at that school. you can try that route.

that is true, many clubs can be kind of "cliqu-ish" at first. but if you keep going to meetings, they will eventually let you in on their circle. just smile at people and say hi. and if they need a volunteer for something, sign up for it. it will get you in the "inner circle" of the club.

I am in the same boat, but don't think of it as a missing half... just... someone that I could meet one day. I am 20 and have never had a girlfriend before, and enjoy my independence. It was sort of an epiphany.

I would think that being emotionally independent would be an admirable trait to have. Shows that you have self-confidence and a strong will to be happy by yourself. It is a hard place to get to.

Hmmm... A few days ago I found that one of my friend's sister is interested in me just like I'm interested in her... Hey, just take a look around - there are loads of girls who would like to spend some time together, you guys seem to be so fanatically concentrated on finding a girlfriend, that you pass them by without noticing...